Anyone know of any amps that sound similar to the AC-30? I've heard the Peavey Classic 30 was modeled after it. Is that true?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I think the peavey classic 30 is a cheaper copy of the ac30
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
the laney VC30 is similar, although possibly not the best option in the USA
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stuey22
Dr. Z Stangray, Matchless DC-30.

Well obviously, I guess i should have stated I was looking for a cheaper alternative, my bad Doesn't the Crate V33 have the same tube arrangement?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
the peavey Delta blues is great at the AC30 kidna tones
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I'm getting a Crate VC2112R that has the same tube arrangement as the AC30. Maybe you could find one of those? I dunno, though, they seem pretty rare.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
I'm getting a Crate VC2112R that has the same tube arrangement as the AC30. Maybe you could find one of those? I dunno, though, they seem pretty rare.

I'm looking into the V33 although I'm kind of skeptical because of the price.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by Bostonrocks
the peavey Delta blues is great at the AC30 kidna tones

yeah, i've heard it's better at it than the classic 30, but i've only tried the classic 30.

by the way, the number and type of tubes only plays a small part in the tone. just because two amps have the same tubes doesn't mean they'll sound the same.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Along with all the mentioned options, another that I found to have a very Voxy character was the Ashdown Peacemaker. They're discontinued, but still getting made under the Hayden name and some Ashdown models pop up on eBay for fairly cheap. I'm pretty interested in one.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales