so i'm buying a new guitar pretty soon but i dont know which to get.. I have a Fender Squier Strat right now and i need an upgrade pretty badly.. i like playing all kind of music but classic rock/blues/funk are prob my favorite.. i really love clapton and hendrix's music and the style SOO the question is..

Do i buy a Stratocaster or Telecaster? I'm leaning towards the tele cuz its just somethin a lil different but any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh and it cant be too expensive..

Any specific strat or tele suggestion would be helpful
the fender strat is better than the squier by enough to warrant buying one,and hendrix & clapton both used strats

and the strat is better for all those genres
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
get a tele thinline
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Telecaster. Everybody and their mom has got a Strat. You gotta be pretty badass to rock a Tele. They are built like tanks, that twang is Godly, and they play like a dream.
All your base are belong to us.
i would first concentrate on getting the right amp for the job.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Telecaster. Everybody and their mom has got a Strat. You gotta be pretty badass to rock a Tele. They are built like tanks, that twang is Godly, and they play like a dream.

ever wonder why?, probably because they're versatile, great sounding guitars
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
id say a 60s player strat by fender
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by Luaizak
so i'm buying a new guitar pretty soon but i dont know which to get.. I have a Fender Squier Strat right now and i need an upgrade pretty badly.. i like playing all kind of music but classic rock/blues/funk are prob my favorite.. i really love clapton and hendrix's music and the style SOO the question is..

Do i buy a Stratocaster or Telecaster? I'm leaning towards the tele cuz its just somethin a lil different but any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh and it cant be too expensive..

Any specific strat or tele suggestion would be helpful
What amp do you have now?

Quote by Ippon
What amp do you have now?

not a very good one its one of those Squier SP-10 10W Guitar Amp that came with the guitar.. if anyone has a suggestion for a new amp too that would be helpful. keep the comments comin.. if ur gonna suggest an Amp make sure it isnt very expensive at this point i think almost anythin is better than the one i have
the strat is best for what you play and its a big enough improvement to justify getting another strat.

the tele is still good too though, i want one at the moment.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Luaizak
not a very good one its one of those Squier SP-10 10W Guitar Amp that came with the guitar.. if anyone has a suggestion for a new amp too that would be helpful. keep the comments comin.. if ur gonna suggest an Amp make sure it isnt very expensive at this point i think almost anythin is better than the one i have

if you are going to get just a 15w amp, get a peavey vyper. They are one of the greatest SS amps out there, roland cubes are good too(although the 30 and 60w ones are the ones that show their greatness) microcubes are what to go with if you want a cube with less wattage.

seeing as you want to keep it cheap, your best buy would be a peavey vyper or a roland microcube.

also, be careful on bumping threads, just post something like any other opinions or something like that because i got banned 2 months ago for bumping threads just saying bumped, not knowing that it could get me banned.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Strat, especially if you want Hendrix/Clapton.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
yeah i definitely see where a lot of you all are comin from.. the Strat seems like the choice because of the style but i reallllly want something different and the tele seems like a good choice because i already have a squier strat.. agh im Still CONFUSED!

as far as the amp goes i dont think ill worry about that until after i get a new guitar and maybe some effect pedals