I have a presentation to do on Zeno's Paradoxes and their importance to mathematics, but I don't even know what those are. Does anyone know a site on mathematics I could trust besides Wikipedia or could explain it? Thanks.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Something about dividing by zero, no doubt.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Wikipedia has them right. You will be mindfucked.
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
In a race, the quickest runner can never overtake the slowest, since the pursuer must first reach the point whence the pursued started, so that the slower must always hold a lead.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Zeno's Paradoxes are important because they were very early logic problems that dealt with infinite series. A particularly good one is how if a person wants to reach a destination, he/she must first reach half that distance, then half of that distance, then half that distance and so on, so they would theoretically never reach their destination for a given period of time. The fraction of their total destination that they must reach can vary with the problem, but the principle is the same. Obviously these problems have been solved in such a way as to give a finite answer to an infinte series, but there's still some thought as to whether the problems have been "truly solved".

Anyway, yeah, Wiki.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.