I am thinking about buying an rg50tc for bedroom practice, but i can't afford an attenuator right away. My questions are:

A: Does it sound like **** without being cranked
B: At about what volume setting does it open up
C: Is there a better, quieter amp for straight up thrash (no modern metal stuff)
D: When not cranked, is it lamer or better than a spider III
I got the head version. I drive it with a Boss SD-1 overdrive pedal. It sounds awesome at low volumes IMO. It really opens somewhere around 9 o clock.

And no tehre isn't not for the price atleast.

When not cranked it totally destroys the spider,wipes its ass on it and pisses on it. Then it throws the carnage outside and has a **** on it and the spider 3 leaves to rot for all eternity. This amp is NOT to be compared to such heaps of ****.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
How much does it cost in £'s.

Can it do 80's Metal: like Iron Maiden, Van Halen or Def Leppard?
Quote by phenom1991

When not cranked it totally destroys the spider,wipes its ass on it and pisses on it. Then it throws the carnage outside and has a **** on it and the spider 3 leaves to rot for all eternity. This amp is NOT to be compared to such heaps of ****.

Haha thats what i wanted to hear, but how is it without the SD-1, i dont have an overdrive pedal, but without it, does it even sound like metal, because you know how sometimes you try a tube amp on a low volume and it feels like its broken it sucks so bad? im trying to avoid that sort of thing. When you do open it up, like how loud is it, could you sit withing like 10 feet of it without your ears bleeding?
Yes it can. Atleast IMO. If you want it really tight and punchy i reccomend a overdrive pedal to punish it further.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
I played one in a shop at 3 or 4 and I seriously thought about it before I decided the clean wasn't enough for me. The gain sounds great though; better than some amps twice its price.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I have one, and I'll say that I bought mine used. The clean isn't really too good, but I bought this amp mainly for the overdrive channels.

It does metal great, although the EQ knobs on either channel (Clean or overdrive) are VERY unresponsive. The two gain structures are slightly different, but not horribly so. It's nice to be able to switch from a higher gain to a lower gain sound instantly with the press of a button.

It sounds good stock, but REALLY opens up with an EQ. Without it, the amp sounds a bit boxy and woofy, but that may be given the potential age of the tubes (in my case) and the fact that the stock speaker is a Celestion seventy 80.
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
yeah i don't really need cleans, and as long as they sound different from the overdrive channel, they get their point across. Is the seventy 80 not a good speaker?
^ It's not that great. If you use the speaker out to connect the RG50TC to a speaker cabinet it sounds waaaay better than by itself.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
I heard the RG50TC plugged into a Mesa 2x12 with V30s. Definitely changed the tone, mostly just added a fair bit of low end. I'll admit, I didn't have much time to compare tones, though.
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator