Hello UG

i am looking for a new guitar, i have a fender classic 50's strat.

I am looking for a guitar with 25,5 neck scale, floyd rose, and a strat sort of body.

PUs should be for metal.. able to do pinch harmonics and such, but also nice for clean, a bit passive and not to hot, but still hot...(does that make any sence :P)

Also 24 frets (at least, more are welcome :P)

i have been wonderring about diffenrent ESP LTD, ibanez, shecter, jackson guitars.. but i am not that known in those sort of guitarers.. only i have played a coulpe of jacksons and they sucked..

i got about 1000 euro, or what must be around like 1500 us dollars..
anyone have some good recommendations?

/Rasmus
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
i think it's a 25.5
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
exactly what i am looking for. i went today and all the jackson's sucked as well. there were some nice schecters though. BUT, what i really really really liked was the ESP LTD MH-400. Only 700 USD. and there's a ESP LTD MH-1000, which is probably better.
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
Quote by Mr. B
well i have the ltd mh-400 and its real great.

beat me to it... :'[
Quote by dubstar92

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
Quote by soccerguy6494
i think it's a 25.5

+1 i am the proud owner of that beautiful guitar
Originally Posted by jimbo09
"yeah man, i swallow and then **** out all my picks, it gives u really good tone, i swear"

Originally Posted by Union Jake

Long story short, 10 minutes later we were all sat there jerking off.
Okay.. i just checked those guitars (MH series, and the C-1 fr).. but don't they have a very heavy sound? (EMGs)? i am looking for something hard .. but not ultra hard.. and also with a nice clean..
Quote by awesomeness
exactly what i am looking for. i went today and all the jackson's sucked as well. there were some nice schecters though. BUT, what i really really really liked was the ESP LTD MH-400. Only 700 USD. and there's a ESP LTD MH-1000, which is probably better.

Ive never played the 1000, but the 400 is absolutely beautiful, and has an amazing tone. it has also never gone out of tune.
Quote by Roopelatvalafan
Okay.. i just checked those guitars (MH series, and the C-1 fr).. but don't they have a very heavy sound? (EMGs)? i am looking for something hard .. but not ultra hard.. and also with a nice clean..

yeah youre right, they are really heavy. the clean sound is not too great.
okay.. so anyone recommend a guitar that fits the description? but not with a super uber heavy sound? just like normal heavy?
Get an Ibanez RGT. Preferably one of the older models, because the Edge 2 kicks the Edge 3's ass.

And i have no problem with the clean sound of them. i think it's just nice. and they can go as heavy or not heavy as you want.

EDIT: btw, i dont know if you have enough or not, but if you do, get the Prestige series ones.
Last edited by Stratocaster88 at Dec 7, 2008,
funny i was just about to say a jackson til' you said they sucked.
Quote by a7xplayer
funny i was just about to say a jackson til' you said they sucked.

yeah, i thought they were sick until i tried some today. i was so shocked haha. i had to go to a second music store because one was all out. since they got bought out by fender, production has been a little slow...
Quote by dubstar92

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
if you want something that can be hard, but not too much, maybe a gibson SG would be okay, cause it has nice cleans and the humbuckerms might be able to get with hot dist. if not the les pauls. i think gibson is the middle between fender=gaysoft music and ESP/Schecter/Dean=Uber distortion power.

but you should check it out for yourself
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
about the gibson SG: i am a hardcore shredder, and i need a floyd rose.. also i have tryed varius gibsons.. and they have to much of a girly touch with the 24,5 scale.. if feels weird :P.. so pretty much i would like something with a gibson les paul sound, but with floyd rose and 25,5 scale.. :P
Dutc tape solves all up to equations of 4. degree

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
RG1527 w/ Dimarzio X2n-7 and Evo-7
Kramer Voyager
Ltd JH-600 w/ 2 emg 81, floyd rose and S and key inlays
Fender Classic 50 strat
Quote by soccerguy6494
i think it's a 25.5

+2000000000000

if you could find one with bareknuckle pickups, then:

+9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999...

ERROR
please extend Screen to Continue (required: 90000000000000000000000000000 inches)
OK
the 2008 model of the C1 Hellraiser has awesome cleans...it has a coil tap to help it too
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Emgs fail at life. He said he doesnt want screaming hot pickups and he wants to do cleans, EMGs? Forget angelic cleans with those poo-stains.

Id recommend and Ibanez prestige of some sort. Try them out. You might like a rg2550. Or you could ebay around for an original 550 or a re-issue of the 550. The originals come in white, black, road flare red, desert sun yellow, metallic rose, candy apple red, and lazer blue (maybe I'm missing a color or two, they made them from 87-90something) Or a reissue, black with a rosewood fretboard, desert sun yellow or Roadflare red with a maple fretboard. Their sexy ass guitars right there. However if you don't like the colors (GASP) go for the new ones. 2550's black or white with a metallic pickguard.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Jackson Dinky/Soloist. 25.5" scales, great guitars.
Ibanez RG prestige/SA series too, though don't get an Edge III bridge.

Quote by milkmanv1
Emgs fail at life. He said he doesnt want screaming hot pickups and he wants to do cleans, EMGs? Forget angelic cleans with those poo-stains

I have EMG 707s loaded in my RG1527, and they sound great for cleans...roll up the bass on your tone pot a bit, turn down the volume on the guitar, and you can tame a high-gain amp.

I'm not going to pretend it sounds as good as passives for cleans, the SDs in my Jackson sound beautiful for them, and the 707s come nowhere close, but that's not saying they're awful.

I would recommend for the OP, however, DiMarzios (Evo bridge maybe, Air Norton neck?) or an SD JB/Jazz set...(Jackson stock!)

^ Poster above me has a good idea in the RG550!
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Dec 8, 2008,
The EMGs in the Hellraiser have coil-tap, so their cleans are fine. So go with that.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
The EMGs in the Hellraiser have coil-tap, so their cleans are fine. So go with that.

Coil-tap=/= not always good cleans.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?