Why do we jam?

1. Passion for music
2. Chicks!
3. Addiction to playing
4. Relieves stress
5. Boredom
Pretty much 1,3,4,5. #2 - the chick component, basically consists of me asking my wife to be understanding about the large amounts of time I spend on the guitar, and marshall stacks being turned on at 1 in the morning. She is very supportive though.
Quote by se012101
Pretty much 1,3,4,5. #2 - the chick component, basically consists of me asking my wife to be understanding about the large amounts of time I spend on the guitar, and marshall stacks being turned on at 1 in the morning. She is very supportive though.

LOL best reply ever.

really, it's nothing other than #1
it doesn't relieve stress. the opposite to me actually, having to wait (practicing) an eternity to reach the technique / theory knowledge level i disire.

girls are really complicated about music. you can really never tell whether she will be amazingly impressed by your technique/cool music, or if they will just be, yeah cool.

it's more about your previous relation to them that will make something happen than you playing.
Uhmmm, to learn?
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Isn't this more of PIT topic? But my answer is 2. Maybe 1 as well.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by gonzaw
I guess it would be to practise one's improvisation skills and learn more about playing with other people, etc, but well, I don't do it so I can't say....

Spot on, four minds of guitar/music are better than one
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
I very rarely jam. When I do, it's only to test out musical "hypotheses" of sorts. I'd much rather spend my time composing in front of Sibelius.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
I very rarely jam. When I do, it's only to test out musical "hypotheses" of sorts. I'd much rather spend my time composing in front of Sibelius.

I like both composing and Jamming. But jamming is fun, cause u create something with other people. It depends if u jam with other proficient musician's, but if u do, seeing how they take another approach on the same backing is just fun to listen to.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??