I'm really looking into this head. I'd be putting it on a 1965A Marshall cab from like the 80's. I'm also playing with an Ibanez RGT, and for distortion a Tube Screamer. Is this head gunna handle this well? what sound does this head give? i looked at the reviews and they seemed good but i need a more firm backing to really set my mind on this head.

Could you guys give me your opinions?

thanks,
That amps F*cking amazing, don't screw it up with a tube screamer
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George

that would happen? is the distortion/overdrive real good on it?
Not really, but it sounds amazing without any pedals

awesome overdrive/distortion
Quote by guitardude34875
this thread is fail so far....

Don't just blindly buy an amp.
go to netmusicians.org and listen to some clips

And a tubescreamer is usually benificial for any type of hard rock or metal tone.
So shutup george.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
yea the jsx is a sweet amp.
the only pedals/fx that it really needs are a delay/reverb and maybe an eq if you waqnt to fine tune your sound even more.
Go for it!
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Quote by kool98769
this thread is fail so far....

Don't just blindly buy an amp.
go to netmusicians.org and listen to some clips

And a tubescreamer is usually benificial for any type of hard rock or metal tone.
So shutup george.

ooooh it"s a tube screamer its gotta be fookin amazing!

if you wnats a boost, buy a clean boost, it's made for that, unlike the TubeScreamer
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by ShredGod George

Pretty much any tube amp sounds better with an OD run on the distortion channel.

TS, what type of sounds are you going for exactly (genres/bands/etc.)?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Get a Maxon OD-808. Set it up how you like, except with no drive at all, and then bang.. Tightened up low-end.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
keep the tubescreamer and put it in front of your amp. will make a noticeable difference. It pushes the amp a little harder.
Quote by ShredGod George
ooooh it"s a tube screamer its gotta be fookin amazing!

if you wnats a boost, buy a clean boost, it's made for that, unlike the TubeScreamer

dude, you're an idiot.
Putting the gain on the pedal to 0 pretty much makes it a clean boost. You remember that guy named stevie ray vaughan?
Or did he not have enough NPS to listen to?

And besides, some people like to have a little bit of hair from the OD pedals. The fact is that the tubescreamer has a bit of low end cut, which tightens up the amp. the JSX isn't so tight that it couldn't use an OD to help out, so shut your uneducated face.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
its a good amp, but dont use the amps clean channel and only the tubescreamer for distortion. use the amp's distortion, and if you want a little more oomph from the amps distortion, turn the TS's gain all the way down, and use it on top of the amp's distortion
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
It's such a good sounding amp, that if you get it and play through it, Coldplay will start copying your songs!
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
To the guy with the anti-tubescreamer comments... Try it for yourself. Honestly, taking an OD pedal to tighten up gain really works wonders.
I have a JSX and like it very much.
I do not use a overdrive pedal to "tighten" it up or add any gain. I tried it, but this amp has gobs of very clear and articulate gain with a very focused low end.
I've had use od pedals on all my previous amps, but the JSX is the only amp that didn't need it. Boosting an amps gain channel was really something I wanted to get away from. So I was thrilled when I plugged into the JSX 3 years ago.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
i've owned this amp for quite awhile now, and I believe i can't confidently say you will never
go wrong with it. You'll never need a distortion or overdrive on it. The amp head has all the gain you need. Go for it. Its well worth it, you'll be happy with it. I am
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
Quote by LP51122
It's such a good sounding amp, that if you get it and play through it, Coldplay will start copying your songs!

Greatest post ever!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top