I have a question, and it should be easy to answer.

I've had my amp for a little over a year and a half. It's a Marshall MG 30. I haven't had any real problems with it yet, until now at least, and I actually doubt it's even the amp.

My cable for it started shredding, and I didn't have a chance to play it for a little under a month. So earlier today I borrowed a friends cable, and at first it seemed alright, except it had some white noise in the background, because it was an old cable. But then when I brought my amp home the white noise was worse, and on the gain channel, if i turned the volume over 4 there would be a high pitched feedback type of noise.

I might have hit the amp when bringing it home that's the thing, and I'm not sure if it's the cable or the amp.

If it is the cable that's okay because I'm willing to spend 15 bucks to get a good new cable. but if it's the amp, then is it seriously damaged, and how much would it cost to fix?

Is there any way I can find out if it's the cable or the amp, besides trying a new cable, which I don't have access to right now.
Not really, and if it is the amp that is broken it will cost more to fix than it would to buy a new one as it's a solid state amp, tube amps are generally much cheaper to fix whereas SS amps tend to be very contemporary.
And i don't know if this will help answer my question or not, but I have the volume and gain up, and the volume on my guitar down and it's not making the buzzing feedback noise.
it could be easily your amp MGs are known for breaking down
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!