whats your budget and if i were you i would atleast get something from a music store (trust me) instead of something that comes form walmart, target, circuit city etc
that guitar does not come from a music store...oh and for an amp dont get a spider i say get a vypyr or microcube for amp and what ever guitar feels right to you
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
for guitar and amp or just guitar??

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
k then i say check craigslist and you could probally easily find something for that price

Quote by Prophet of Page
Last edited by eahilder at Dec 7, 2008,
oh you can check ebay too just make sure that the stuff comes from a music store not just like what you linked

Quote by Prophet of Page
http://cgi.ebay.com/EPIPHONE-ELECTRIC-PLAYER-PACK-SPECIAL-II_W0QQitemZ300278113788QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item300278113788&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I say make an offer of 150 on that

depends oh what you want to play...if you want to play metal or hard rock get a guitar with humbuckers
if you wanna play clean, blues and stuff get single coils
the guitar i linked has humbuckers

EDIT: also amp is most of you sound...so i suggest spending more on the amp like if you could save 50 dollars more you could get a peavey vypyr (what i got ) and a 100 dollar guitar...

Quote by Prophet of Page
oh crap lol forgot about that....umm..i say if you can get 50 dollars more then get this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922851-i1413605.gc
and this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-LP-Junior-Special-Electric-Guitar-101691038-i1150104.gc for hard rock and metal

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/details.cfm?listID=104366323
this for blues and clean also this would be more versatile b/c of the humbucker in the bridge

Quote by Prophet of Page

Quote by Prophet of Page
i have a fender starcaster and peavey vypyr..junior is the model and the starcaster came from target but a guitar from an actual music store for the price i paid would be better

Quote by Prophet of Page
if you are buying it today then get this and the vypyr
http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-Pacifica-Electric-Guitar-Red-W-Case_W0QQitemZ250335846369QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item250335846369&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
if your not then just look on ebay for a yamaha pacifica and you should find a decent guitar for only 50-100 bucks the yamaha is better than what i got...it has the golden value reward
EDIT: I HATE THE STARCASTER IT IS ONE OF THE WORSE get the pacifica it is alot better
you should get the yamaha and vypyr

Quote by Prophet of Page

Quote by Prophet of Page
Quote by bigjuice_7
ok thanks, but what are some good brands to look for?

Gibson, Fender, Jackson, Ibanez, First Act, Epiphone, Squier, Dean, Lace, Martin, Yamaha, and ESP are really good quality instruments.
Quote by J.Bass.M

I don't care about the f***ing radius of the f***ing inlay.
Last edited by TheMeltdown at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by TheMeltdown
Gibson, Fender, Jackson, Ibanez, First Act, Epiphone, Squier, Dean, Lace, Martin, Yamaha, and ESP are really good quality instruments.

UHH....First act???!?!?!

Quote by Prophet of Page
Ever tried anything other than the Walmart one? They're really good quality. I actually own the Walmart one, and it's great.
Quote by J.Bass.M

I don't care about the f***ing radius of the f***ing inlay.