well im thinking of getting this head for christmas and i was just wondering, does it sound good? i heard this amp was like the "poor man's Mesa Boogie" haha and since i cant afford something as amazing as a Mesa, i thought i could get this one cause its at a pretty affordable price. i play a lot of pop-punk...but i do play some heavier stuff like Avenged Sevenfold and Atreyu. this is also gonna be my first tube amp so i kinda dont know much about it, even the correct way to turn it on haha. so it would be greatly appreciated if i had some info :]
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
Its a great amp for the money...I bet the searchbar will turn up a bunch of good threads on it
WTLTL 2011
It's a good amp for the money, but it's not a poor man's Mesa like everyone keeps throwing around.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
IMO the only comparison to Mesa is the triple rectifier. That is really where the comparison stops. In it's own right it is a good amp. I can get a great clean sound, can do classic rock and modern metal well. Also does blues very well. The proper way to turn on would be to turn power on and leave standby on for about 1-2 minutes then turn off the standby. One of the things to take into consideration is that the amp is semi expensive to retube. Hope this info helps.
id recommend it, imy friend uses it in his band and i have the AT-112, B 52s are very versatile. Im not gonna say its a "poor mans Mesa" cuz ive never played a Mesa, but my friend that uses it (who like playing Protest The Hero-like music) says it is.

For any other questions, is reccomend asking the people in the B-52 thread:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=966788&page=4
AMAZING amp, clean overdrive, metal, its just AWESOME all aroound. Get it, or I will come to your house and kill you.
What About Me!
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
sesstreets you havent posted yet...but since u have..,. yeah he is another one of those B 52 guys u can talk to on the thread
LOL then alright:

Its not a mesa, it sounds very different. Sure, I can get that fat distortion sound like a mesa has, but its not the same thing.

The b-52's are quite possibly some of the most underrated amps I've ever seen. They sound good, their quality is pretty nice, and hell... they look pretty sick.

I mean the huge b52 label looks ****ty, but the rest of the amp is up to par.

Click on the b-52 link in my sig and you can see some hi res versions.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I personally think this amp is sometimes better then a mesa. I can go from the most brootal breakdowns ever to the brightest cleans with just one click of a switch. The amp sounds perfect and it is cheap. You pay for the mesa name and get great quality, but why not pay 500 and get the same quality. It is all built in the U.S. and the company stands by their products. Id get it.
anyone know if i just buy the head, will a footswitch come with it? thanks for all the info guys, its helping me out so much :]
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
The footswitch is supposed to come with the head, mine had one in the box. Just make sure if you are getting a floor model or something like that that you insist that they get you one.