Hi guys i have a new epiphone les paul jr. I Know its not a good guitar but im not paying $2600 more foor a name at the top. I wanted to drop a fat ass humbucker in it. Is it possible without rewireing it?

i was gonna have someone do it but i dont know how much of a problem ot would be.
Nah what you pay for is more for solid mahogany wood, a set neck and the name at he top =). Anywho if you want to install a pickup, you should rewire your guitar with quality pots and a quality output jack. I suppose if you wanted to just solder the pickup to the old wires you could, it's up to you.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
The Epiphone Les Paul Jr comes standard with a humbucker, so no problem! Just take the old one out and put the new one in.

Bear in mind the Epi Lp Jr is made out of alder with a maple neck, so it's got a much more balanced and lighter tone than most LP Junior models. Keep that in mind when you pick out your new humbucker.

The exception is there was a limited edition reissue Epi Lp Jr they put out a while ago, that was all mahogany and had a P-90 pickup. If you buy that one then it's a very different story, but those are pretty hard to find now so I would assume you've got the regular one.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
The exception is there was a limited edition reissue Epi Lp Jr they put out a while ago, that was all mahogany and had a P-90 pickup. If you buy that one then it's a very different story, but those are pretty hard to find now so I would assume you've got the regular one.

Do you happen to know what year that was?

And as for your question, I just got an 03 one and its just a standard HB route, so anything like that will fit, but if you want the origional LP Jr style I'm looking at the phat cat (sd) and the p-94 (gibbo). incase you're curious.

Btw, anybody use either of those? Thoughts?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I believe the all-mahogany setneck P-90 reissue was just last year.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.