I'm looking to buy another guitar. It should have 24 frets - emg 81's (don't really care about a neck pickup), easy to play (thin neck) preferably locking tuners and a fixed bridge. Neckthroughs and ebony fretboards are always nice.

The guitar will not be used in standard. Just various tunings right down to A standard which is why i want a fixed bridge. Im willing to spend up to $2000 Canadian

Some guitars i have looked at - Please comment if good

1)esp M-I NTB
2)schecter C1 Hellraiser (the $950 one)
3)ESP LTD MP-600 Michael Paget Electric Guitar

Also if anyone has a rough idea on the cost of changing a floyd rose bridge to a fixed one please tell me.

Please note I ONLY PLAY METAL
Also i do not want a floyd rose
Last edited by Mitch Master T at Dec 8, 2008,
thanks it looks good although it only has 22 frets - would prefer a guitar with 24 with active pickups already
I've never played the C-1 Hellraiser with Floyd Rose, if that's what you were referring to, but I have played the C-1 Hellraiser with ToM bridge. Honestly, if I had to choose to buy any guitar in the next second it would be the C-1 Hellraiser. I played it through a B-52 100w tube combo at guitar center, the definition of the tone is impeccable, pinch harmonics come out nearly effortlessly, it would probably suit you well, but i have not tried those ESP models you listed.
A-STANDARD?! Dropped A, sure. But A-Standard? Dude, get some REALLY high-tension strings with whatever guitar you get.

Imma metalhead too but I've never gone so far as Dropped B flat. ._.
Quote by silvadolla
I've never played the C-1 Hellraiser with Floyd Rose, if that's what you were referring to, but I have played the C-1 Hellraiser with ToM bridge. Honestly, if I had to choose to buy any guitar in the next second it would be the C-1 Hellraiser. I played it through a B-52 100w tube combo at guitar center, the definition of the tone is impeccable, pinch harmonics come out nearly effortlessly, it would probably suit you well, but i have not tried those ESP models you listed.

Thanks for the advice - i was refering to the one with the fixed bridge - too hard to change the tunings around on a floyd rose
Quote by Kwonnie
A-STANDARD?! Dropped A, sure. But A-Standard? Dude, get some REALLY high-tension strings with whatever guitar you get.

Imma metalhead too but I've never gone so far as Dropped B flat. ._.

lol
have you looked into Deans? They're awesome metal guitars.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Quote by Petey D
have you looked into Deans? They're awesome metal guitars.

When i went to my local guitar shop a guy that works there told me not to buy dean guitars. He said they are overpriced and not well made - Most have floyd roses as while - He suggested the shecter hellraiser
Lies! Deans are great, and many have fixed bridges, plus their stock pickups are really good.

Lower end Deans are pos, but the same is true of many manufacturers.

Ibanez makes some decent metal guitars w fixed bridges too.

Don't get me wrong, Schecters are pretty good too from the experience that I've had with them anyway.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Quote by Mitch Master T
Thanks for the advice - i was refering to the one with the fixed bridge - too hard to change the tunings around on a floyd rose

Oh okay, the C-1 with Floyd Rose is 849.99 on MusiciansFriend, the one with the tune-o-matic is 699.99, just make sure you dont get screwed out of your money.

Edit: that was U.S. currency, but your money's worth more, anyway...
Last edited by silvadolla at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by silvadolla
Oh okay, the C-1 with Floyd Rose is 849.99 on MusiciansFriend, the one with the tune-o-matic is 699.99, just make sure you dont get screwed out of your money.

Edit: that was U.S. currency, but your money's worth more, anyway...

Thanks