Page 1 of 2
It seems like every other genre of metal (thrash, melodeath, stoner, doom) has its own thread, so I did a search. You know what that search proved to me? The metal forum is lacking a grindcore discussion thread.

Anyway, I've been pretty obsessed by Symphonies of Sickness recently. It's like Carcass took pure awesome and made an album of it.
I yam what I yam
i know it's not, but i haven't seen it in a while, so good enough.

With Carcass, though, i have to say that i don't see what's SO great about them. yeah, they're good, but i honestly find more of their imitators to be better than they are themselves.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat

With Carcass, though, i have to say that i don't see what's SO great about them. yeah, they're good, but i honestly find more of their imitators to be better than they are themselves.

Then you should listen to them some more...
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
it took me awhile to really enjoy carcass, but i ****ing love them, for some reason their songs are really catchy.
i'm not saying that they're bad, but they're far from the gods of grind, in my mind.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Re-read my post.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
nah, i think i'll go listen to some Nasum instead.
Quote by The Evil Hat
nah, i think i'll go listen to some Cryptic Slaughter instead.

Fixed .
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
i suppose so, lol
One of my favourite albums this year was an absolute beast of a grindcore album;

Kill The Client - Cleptocracy

Nasum fans check it out a.s.a.p....
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
One of my favourite albums this year was an absolute beast of a grindcore album;

Quote by Stranglehold

Getting them right now .
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Yay, grindcore's one of my favorite genres. I don't think the aggression can be touched. Favorite bands are Pig Destroyer, Nasum, Rotten Sound, and Agoraphobic Nosebleed.

I'll check out that Kill the Client album.
Cleptocracy is pretty brutal

As far as Carcass goes, listen to Ruptured in Purulence and Crepitating Bowel Erosion. Some of their best work imo
I yam what I yam
Quote by The Evil Hat

Ever heard Jigsore Terror? straight up Carcass worship lolol

badass band though
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Not too familiar with the genre, but I love me some Brutal Truth, Abaddon Incarnate, Napalm Death, Carcass, Terrorizer, Repulsion, and Nausea. Just got done giving World Downfall a spin, actually.
Quote by The Evil Hat

With out them... No one would know who the hell Micheal Amott is... Other than that you're right no one should give a damn. Their first album wasn't that good decent at best imo.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by Tapping_Ninja
With out them...the second half of Scum by Napalm Death would be missing guitar tracks

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I want some borderline tech grind stuff that utilizes pukes (high over low voice thing).

I'd ask this in the rec thread, but I don't want to receive "Waking the Cadaver, Job for a Cowboy" etc. as recs again.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

I'll check 'em out.

By the way, it's Gridlink
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Dying Fetus is probably the best grindcore band in my opinion. Carcass is pretty awesome too.
Quote by McMetal
Dying Fetus is probably the best grindcore band in my opinion. Carcass is pretty awesome too.

not grind, although kinda influenced by it.

Quote by Tapping_Ninja
With out them... No one would know who the hell Micheal Amott is... Other than that you're right no one should give a damn. Their first album wasn't that good decent at best imo.

Besides Scum he hasn't done anything noteworthy.

EDIT: and he wasn't even on Scum. slaytanic got me all confused...
Last edited by The Evil Hat at Dec 7, 2008,
Meh, if you ask me, Dying Fetus is just pure death metal.

and diminishedtobme, the guitar work was EXCELLENT, the vocals however, were a different story I'm looking for Necroticism era Carcass style vocals.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Quote by The Evil Hat
not grind, although kinda influenced by it.

Besides Scum he hasn't done anything noteworthy.

Carnage? Carcass? He didn't do much for either of those, but still...
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Carcass? Wasn't he on Heartwork and Descanting the Inslaubrious?

EDIT: A "puke" is like a high shriek/scream dubbed over a low grunt/growl. Pretty common in all types of extreme metal.

And I know Impaled and Exhumed, but you've reminded me to add "Gore Metal" by Exhumed to my list of CD's to buy soon.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Dyscrasia was sweet. They're really what got me into grind. My bro played with Rompeprop a couple...Just a matter of Splatter my friends
Quote by The Evil Hat

"Bill Steer - Guitar (track 13-28)"

Same Bill Steer that was in Carcass.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
"Bill Steer - Guitar (track 13-28)"

Same Bill Steer that was in Carcass.

Oh, I also thought you were talking about Mike Ammott for some reason...
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
i know, i just completely misinterpreted your post the first time i read it.
Mike Ammott wasn't even an important part of Carcass when he was in them. Besides, it was sort of whoevers fault for not specifying.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Mike Ammott wasn't even an important part of Carcass when he was in them. Besides, it was sort of whoevers fault for not specifying.

Yeah, exactly, that's what I said in my post. He didn't really write anything for them... and I don't think he did much in Carnage either.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Yeah, exactly, that's what I said in my post. He didn't really write anything for them... and I don't think he did much in Carnage either.

Co-Wrote six songs on heartwork

Two on Necroticism

Plus when they when they went to do a reunion tour he joined them

And he founded Carnage with former Arch Enemy lead singer John Liiva

So how didn't he do stuff for those bands?
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Page 1 of 2