For the Christmas, I will be getting a Peavey Classic 30 combo. If i were to later get another amp head, presumably a JCM 800 2204, would I be able to use my C30 as a combo until i could afford a cab?
lol what? I'm getting a combo amp

Then i get a head

Can i play on the combo amp until i get a cab?

Of course you can.....
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
You can play the combo amp after you get a cab too...
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
lol, the wonders of amps!
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
I think he means use the head with the combo. I don't know why though.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
ooooooooooo he means will he be able to use the peavey as a cab for his marshall head until he can afford a decent cab

I don't know actually but i doubt it
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
But just to demonstrate the versatility of the Peavey Classic 30 combo amp... go make a toasted sandwich with ham, cheese and tomato. Now try the amp.

Yep, you can still use it as a combo.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
i doubt the speaker in the peavey would have a high enough wattage, assuming that the impedances are the same
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
i can't quite figure out how much the speaker actually handles but it should according to the peavey website handle about 75W continuously...as long as the jcm has 8 or 16 ohms and you dont CRANK it...(if its the 50w version..never was good with marshall numbers, that'd be ok too if my info is right) you should be ok

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009