Hi, I am thinking about purchasing this amp:
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-Goldline-500-Bass-Head-and-4x10-Bass-Cabinet-Package?sku=483504

But before i do i was just looking for your opinions of it. I play alot of classic rock, blues, and jam stuff ( The dead, Phish, allman bros, blind melon, etc.) so keep that in mind. I would appreciate if you let me know what you thought in terms of price, tone, quality, and anything alse you have to say.

Thanks alot for any help in advance. =]
apparently the goldline has some reliability issues.
i'd go with an ashdown like the MAG series they're more affordable and more reliable.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
I played that half stack at guitar center and it really impressed me. If you want a GK tone, it has it.
well i was originally planning on buying a MAG 300 4x10 but i found out that its only 180 watts without an extension cab and i need at least 300 watts
You don't necessarily need 300W...you just need enough combined wattage and air-pushing power to be loud enough. I'd go for an Acoustic B200 and a B410/B115 stack. That should be plenty.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 7, 2008,
it SHOULD be plenty but id rather be safe and not buy an amp that isnt loud enough for my gigs
The GK is great. My church has had a Goldline speaker for years, and it's withstood many different heads of many different wattages, so it should be great with a head of its own series.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
the cabinet is great. i played it with the GK 700RB II and it was spectacular. covered any genre. ive heard good things about the head also, and for the price its hard to beat i think.
Hey I'm sorry, this will be a little off topic but it is GK related.

Has anyone tried out the GK-Fusion head??

I'm very interested in hearing reviews as I have not had the chance to try it out yet.

Love the Low end
i dont think its out yet. musiciansfriend.com has pre-orders out. they have it in stock january 12th. looks beefy though