Does anybody have any experience with this amp? Its been popping up on the local craigslist lately and was wondering what genres its suited for.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Very cool rock amp. Any GNR, Zep, Cream, Hendrix, whatever is playable with it.

Cleans aren't that great, but I don't think that anyone would by a Marshal for cleans.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
are the cleans at least passable, I am not looking for fendery cleans. Also can it do a mild blues over drive?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by lbj273
are the cleans at least passable, I am not looking for fendery cleans. Also can it do a mild blues over drive?

Yeah, it can do that. Once again, not Fendery, but enough to satisfy
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

myspace.com/rosscooperband
a lot of people on UG hate it, but imo its a pretty versatile amp with good sound. if can do metal for me, but some people prefer more gain than me. its mostly voiced for GnR kind of stuff though, and it can hit that nice mild overdrive also
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by LP51122
Very cool rock amp. Any GNR, Zep, Cream, Hendrix, whatever is playable with it.

Cleans aren't that great, but I don't think that anyone would by a Marshal for cleans.

That's the opposite of what I hear.

The DSL combos (along with all the TSLs) are supposed to be some of Marshall's worst tube amps. The DSL 50 head is pretty good though. They have a reputation for being very muddy with a lot of gain. They should have very good cleans though, much better than any other amp Marshall has made.
Ok, I was trying to decide between a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and this amp. The major selling point for me is that the HRD's gain channel is nothing special, while from the reviews I've read and what you guys have told me the Marshall has a good gain channel (channels if you count the OD boost as a channel). I play music along the lines of ZZ Top, and CCR to GNR and everything in between so it looks like the Marshall should suit my tastes.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Don't get a HRD unless you have the money to get it modded by omega amps

omegaamps.com

That's what I'm doing.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2