I think im gonna try to learn Little Wing soon and am trying to decide which version to learn. Im not the greatest guitarist but im not a beginner either. I have already started to learn the Hendrix version but am wondering if i should switch to the SRV version. Is the SRV version easier? If so should i swith to learning that one or stick with Hendrix?
Free Mumia
SRV's is harder, but not that much.

If you ever become phenomenal and you can play anything, check out this version on youtube. My fav hands down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31QQ1gNpAaY&feature
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
The SRV version is a lot harder... but I think it's a lot more awesome.
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
learn the orginal first it will give you a real feel for the song then you can see how SRV put his own spin on it
they're about the same but I would go with SRV version because i feel its more bluesy
Learn one, then the other. Then, make your own version.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by guerilla radio
Good, but if i were an amazing guitar god i would learn to play this version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M56QwDjE6PQ&feature=related

Did you watch the whole thing? Did you see when he takes that solo and his acoustic sounds so incredible?!?!?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Quote by LP51122
Did you watch the whole thing? Did you see when he takes that solo and his acoustic sounds so incredible?!?!?

I know, impressive eh?
Free Mumia
Quote by guerilla radio
I know, impressive eh?

We're talking about Monte Montgomery's version, right?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Quote by BobMarleysGhost
Learn one, then the other. Then, make your own version.

yes, learn both. it's not going to kill you if you learn two different ways
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Personally I prefer Clapton's version from Derek & The Dominos, but between those two SRV, albeit his is harder than Jimi's.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I just don't think it should be an instrumental so i prefer hendrix's versions but I wish that his were longer.
learn the proggression, the rhythm, the motif - learn how and what SRV or Jimi did to the song

then you should be able to play you own version!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here lies a problem that most guitar players face in this day of internet tab and short attention spans — they don't know how to express themselves.

-Nick Layton
SRV's version is fantastic, if you cut out 3/4 of it. He does far too much random guitar wanking.

So, I'd suggest the Hendrix version first. Then once you've got the original down, work on your own version.

Check out the Skid Row version too. Most of it isn't so great, but the intro is a good example of someone listening to the original and putting their own spin on it without destroying what makes it so great.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I learnt SRV's version up until after the end of the first solo. Good place to end it there, rather than try and bring the energy back up again. But I really suggest SRV's version.
SRV's version is harder indeed, but I prefer Hendrix's original by far (being a fan of both).
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
No that was not me. I just thought it was pretty bad and was making a joke.