Ok so ive been working on a John Frusciante tone for quite a while now that included no pedals.. Just straight guitar to the amp using the clean, OD 1 and OD 2 chanels. and today i think i nailed it.

Please leave any comments and try them out and let me know how i did..

I use my 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat and my Marshall AVT275X..

Here are my Settings...

Clean:
Gain = 2.5
Volume = 8.5
Bright Button = IN
Bass = 9
Mid = 7.5
Treb = 6.5
Presence = 8

OD1:
Gain = 4.5
Volume = 7.5
Scoop Button = OUT

OD2:
Gain = 7.5
Volume = 8
Scoop Button = OUT
Bass = 6
Mid = 2
Treb = 8

DFX:
Chorus (11)
Both knobs at 10/MAX

Only use the DFX on some songs.. Universally Speaking, Under The Bridge, Give It Away.. etc

Cheers
Ahh sorry bout posting in the wrong thread..

Umm its not really for any paticular album / song... This is more of a combined setting of all albums.. you can get most of the tones from alot of ther albums with these settings. I sometimes adjust my tone knobs on my guitar to change if i need to.
This is John's amp settings on his Marshall Major from the Stadium Arcadium tour
Attachments:
amp2.jpg
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
^^... ok .. but, (1) i dont have a Marshall Major 200W, and (2) im not using a A380 Cockpit for a pedal board, im using a reasonable amp with no pedals at all..

Cheers for the info though!
Quote by frusciante_funk
^^... ok .. but, (1) i dont have a Marshall Major 200W, and (2) im not using a A380 Cockpit for a pedal board, im using a reasonable amp with no pedals at all..

Cheers for the info though!

his cleans are completely dry guitar signal.....thus the term "clean". if there is any signal coming from a pedal, it is from his micro amp to compensate in any signal drop with the huge board he has and cable/signal runs.
exactly how is that small patch cable to the right set up? it looks like it's around the inputs...why?
Quote by Gypsysunrainbo
exactly how is that small patch cable to the right set up? it looks like it's around the inputs...why?

Putting a patch cable in your effects chain improves your tone. John doesnt run his pedals through the chain because he uses 2 amps.

And also @ frusciante_funk: Tone comes from the amp not the effects- they only make a slight difference.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Quote by HeavyReverb
Putting a patch cable in your effects chain improves your tone...

anyone know why?
He's bridging the channels, that's not the FX loop. He's basically running the first channel in to the second channel, it's one of the advantages of old 4 input marshalls and any other amp with separate inputs for the separate channels.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I know you haven't got anywhere near his tone, because your amp is an AVT!

People post just numbers and no clips!?

Why bother - why do you even need your ears! They could be chopped off - no one seems to use them around here!?

"What settings to get this sound etc HELP HELP" blah blah

So you give the clichéd Metallica settings to one kid with a crappy Ibanez RG and an MG - then to a person with a Mesa Recto and a Les Paul - are they both going to sound like Metallica with exactly the same settings.....

All i know is i can possibly hear a lot of "bumblebee in a jar" sounds coming out from behind bedroom doors.

RANT.
Quote by Gypsysunrainbo
^does this improve tone?

It sounds different.
Quote by Kevin Saale
It sounds different.

I've never quite understood how it works if there is not signal going through the patch cable that's in connecting the inputs.

Care to explain?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
+1

EDIT: First of all depending on what he's bridging he's brdiging the normal and the bright channel so he's got that and there is also a gain boost that goes along with that
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I was under the impression that when you hooked an amp up that way you're running the first channel (and it's preamp tubes) into the second channel (and it's preamp tubes) which will give you more gain.
yeah so thats where the gain comes from and it's a normal and bright channel so I'm sure it's does something with it also.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
how do you bridge the channles on other amps that only have 2 inputs?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
hmm, I'll have to buy one of those now
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
So basically: Pump the Bass, add some mids, and not as much treble? (for clean)
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Bostonrocks
hmm, I'll have to buy one of those now

does your amp have seperate volume controls for each channel? you need that for the bridging to actually do something

i dunno if it will work on a jcm 800 type amp (which the pro tube is right?), my amp is a plexi 18 watt clone
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Dec 9, 2008,
yeah it's the pro tube.

it's got two channel and then it's got a Mv and 3 preamp volumes
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I'll let you know I"ll post some clipz for ya
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I've seen amps similar to that modded so that the first channel runs into the second channel without the use of a splitter or patch cable. Basically guitar to the first input, and the that's internally wired to the next one.