I'm starting a thrash band named Shadows Of Hypocrisy and i was wondering what advice do you have. We consist of a drummer,guitarist,vocalist, and maybe a bass player. We probably won't have solo just rythm but it could change. I would like to know some easy thrash songs and fundementls of thrash. What i need to know to have the band.Also any other tips u wish to give. Oh, by the way I'm The Guitarist/Vocalist.
Quote by tom708
solos :P

This. Thrash has solos, period, end of. If it doesn't scream and squeal, it ain't remotely metal.

Also, scheduling, scheduling, scheduling is the key to success.
Well I would recommend listening to some new bands like Warbringer and try some old stuff like Slayer, Megadeth and All Out War(Less common). Pretty much keep a fast tempo, wow the listeners by having a crazy intro that's fast, hard and unsettling.
Quote by tom708
solos :P

^^^that
and fast palm muted open E string, power chords and Solos
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
you guys need to practice alot and learn some metallica or maybe some pantera even though i dont really like them they make couple good guitar riffs
Frontbassman sucks in the nicest way possible

Kevin and Kelsey 12-03-2007

ya i would get a bassist and another guitarist for solo's. you cant have thrash without solo's
1. Drummer needs to be fast
2. Guitarists need good down picking technique
3. Vocals need to be harsh but not death metal harsh
4. There needs to be some solos at times
Make sure the bassist can play triplits (sp?)
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Quote by 022044
This. Thrash has solos, period, end of. If it doesn't scream and squeal, it ain't remotely metal.

Also, scheduling, scheduling, scheduling is the key to success.

Municipal waste don't have a lot of solos....

try listening to the band that influenced the bands you're influenced by (If that makes any sense)
for example, I started writing a Judas Priest- sounding song, which ended up sounding more like slayer...
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Well. Slayer - Raining Blood is a classic. Also try some stuff with Testament, Exodus, and of course, old Metallica would be the easiest ones to nail, in the beginning ^^ Start out with stuff like Master of Puppets.. It's overplayed.. but it's know.. Also stuff like Seek And Destroy, For Whom the Bell Tolls and Ride the Lightning rocks balls.

Also there are easy songs in nearly all Thrash Bands' early albums.. But PROMISE me one thing.. You HAVE to play Venom - In League With Satan .. You just have to. No but. No thrash is complete without Venom.. And Bathory.. And Hellhammer.. And Celtic Frost.. an.. I'll go now..

Good luck
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!