Page 1 of 3
Anyone else having tough times? Obviously more people are now than have been in a long while, but my family is no stranger to things getting tight. Things always work out, however. Today we had a second Thanksgiving Dinner, kind of because it was my bro's birthday but also because Thanksgiving is awesome, and it provides lots of left overs.

Can anyone else relate?
We're only strays.
yeah the bank charged me 1500 dollars for late payments on a bill i had. it wasnt our fault the company put it throught like 13 times. should get something back but in the meantime its leantime.
Quote by Flann
No, being upper middle class with job security is kickass.

...with a squier strat and a crap amp lol
These times are no stranger to me.

I've been living in the lower brackets of the economy for the vast majority of my life.

I'm not saying I'm dirt poor, but things are NOT easy at all.

I cope, though. Optimism ftw.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Yea. When your parents ask for your leftover financial aid money to pay bills/house/etc, take half a year to pay you back and don't return all of it...That was about $600-700
Quote by fallenangel20

I've been living in the lower brackets of the economy for the vast majority of my life.

Well it's not purely optimism. I can think of plenty of instances where my life wouldn't be what it is (and I love my life) if things were "better." For example, when I was younger my parents were having a really tough Christmas, with no money for presents, so my Grandma stepped in. Of course we were clueless about those things back then, but looking back, my memories of my Grandma mean that much more to me.

EDIT: my mom related that info to me a few years ago, after my Grandma died.
We're only strays.
Quote by FreudianChip

I lawld.

And aye, things can get touch. But it seems the mother exagerates everything as much as possible.
Quote by FreudianChip

pwned!
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Anyone else having tough times? Obviously more people are now than have been in a long while, but my family is no stranger to things getting tight. Things always work out, however. Today we had a second Thanksgiving Dinner, kind of because it was my bro's birthday but also because Thanksgiving is awesome, and it provides lots of left overs.

Can anyone else relate?

Teehee!

And seriously, I now have no insurance. Still no job, still no license, still no monies. Being poor sucks!
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
Quote by Flann

Tell that to my dad, the vice president of a company fired for literally no reason other than to "shake things up."

That said, nobody here's made any money since July.
Quote by fallenangel20

This, for the most part.

My my family is probably the poorest of our entire extended family, but things normally end up working out. Lower middle class is what I call it. My dad says that whenever the economy is bad, he does better than usual. It's a very strange thing.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
yea, my mom is working two jobs and my dad is working like 11 hour days and a bunch of people are getting laid off. but they provide good, and i must give them props.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Right now were getting by pretty well with my brother in University, but in a few years my sister will be in too and I'm not sure we can pay for both.
My family is upper middle class and my parents have fairly stable jobs (both make six figures) but they're still trying to cut back on spending seeing as all the investments they've made... ever have pretty much gone to hell.
Quote by Survivalism
Tell that to my dad, the vice president of a company fired for literally no reason other than to "shake things up."

That said, nobody here's made any money since July.

sorry i didnt realise you were being sarcastic

how can your dad be fired if he is vice president? is he a vice president with zero shareholding in the company? weird.
Quote by Flann

couldnt agree more
heres to the upper-middle class we're not snoby but we're still well paid for
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
We are doing fine right now, but three families around here are hurting bad

Family 1: The day after thanksgiving a young man died huffing gas at a gas station down the street from me

Family 2 and 3: there was a wreck two mornings ago a mustang hit a tree going 80, the girl driving was killed. The boy riding with her (a friend of mine) was thrown out of the car before it burst into flames. HE tried to save her but was unsecsseful and had to have his hand amputated yesterday. he is in a medically sedated coma now

kinda sucks with christmas just around the corner
Yeah, my mom's been having a tough time lately. Bills are getting harder to pay, we have to lean off a lot of things, but by no means is it bad... a lot of people have it worse.

My dad has no job but he's on welfare (something of that sort) because he has a disability and can't work. Some jobs he's overqualified to work so he's basically screwed over... and the system didn't want to pay him money because they said he could work even when his doctors said he was 100% unable to.

But now the systems paying.
my mum's poor.

dad's not

so, i'm in the middle!

I'm also a student and i'm personally poor as anything, lol.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by metaldud536
Because you're an alcoholic.

when was the last time i posted a "drunken thread"?

it's been weeks
Quote by FreudianChip

Just because my parents have well-paying jobs doesn't mean they shower me with gifts. I'm just saying we don't really have any money problems.
Quote by al112987
My family is upper middle class and my parents have fairly stable jobs (both make six figures) but they're still trying to cut back on spending seeing as all the investments they've made... ever have pretty much gone to hell.

Both of them making 6 figures is stable? Its more than stable man.
Quote by CoreysMonster
when was the last time i posted a "drunken thread"?

it's been weeks

I'm gonna guess 2 weeks. But think of the money you'll save if you take it easy!
im ok. 16 with a car and ps3. most of the stuff i get like guitars and vidoe games have to work with my dad for. i have to pay for my car insurance too.
my mom is an office manger for some electrical company but my dad is a deadbeat alcoholic that only works 1-2 days a week =(
better off than alot of the white trash around here though
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Quote by Valderama

Salary wise it's stable but again, our family lost a lot of money from failing investments, particularly with the whole real estate market being so crappy (my parents invest a lot into real estate), though thats not as big a deal as the money lost from stocks.

I never said we were poor or anything, I just said that we're definitely feeling the pinch. My parents aren't having any problems, I still get $1300 a month from them for paying my rent and food, and they're fine on house payments and bills and everything anything though 3-4 houses in our community were foreclosed in the last few months. I think they're more worried about their 401ks being drained with the stock market crashing. At least they're much more open to public school for med school and I'm not having the ivy league being pushed down my throat so much these days.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 7, 2008,
I was recently released from serving a 25 year prison sentence. I was sentenced in 1983 and the reason I went to prision was because of a bad economy i turned to selling drugs.

It is tough but i am coping, making minimum wage at a convienience store is better then the 3 cents hour i made in prison. i have a roomate and a safe place to live and also get to be free all the time.

i am saved by Jesus and things always improve for those who work hard to keep faith. i will pray for everyone hear in bad straits.
Quote by Valderama

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Especially since it's two different people making 6 figures, instead of just one that could be fired.
We're only strays.
Quote by Roman Noodler
I was recently released from serving a 25 year prison sentence. I was sentenced in 1983 and the reason I went to prision was because of a bad economy i turned to selling drugs.

It is tough but i am coping, making minimum wage at a convienience store is better then the 3 cents hour i made in prison. i have a roomate and a safe place to live and also get to be free all the time.

i am saved by Jesus and things always improve for those who work hard to keep faith. i will pray for everyone hear in bad straits.

If you are telling the truth, I respect thee.
You just do what you have to do.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Quote by metaldud536
If you are telling the truth, I respect thee.

I deserve no respect. I killed three people in a robery and have admitted my guilt and served my sentence. I simply now want to speak to youngsters on a similar path and turn them to Jesus and teach them not to make mistakes I have made.

Happy Holidays and God Bless
Page 1 of 3