well, i own a Laney Hardcore Max, 30 watts, two types of distortion, etc.
i want to know if you people consider it is a good amp. i think it is Us$250.
to me, it has great value, but i'd like to know if it is a really good buy. i bought it when i was a tone noob (in fact, i am still somewhat noob...).

apart from that, i am thinking in buying a metal pedal. thinking about a electro harmonix metal muff. should i buy a pedal, or wait more than half a year so i could buy an amp that is not gonna be more expensive than Us$600

for me saving is really hard cause i live in a southern country whose cash is worth three times less than USA's cash. that would be like Us$100=pesos 330
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
It's sounds like it's pretty good for a beginner. Is it solid state? I assume it is...
yes it is an SS
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
If your interested in playing metal I'd recommend getting a Laney tube amp used for under 600 dollars. Then buy a metal pedal.
never played a laney but you generally don't get all that awesome results with a ss amp and a pedal..
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
i had a SS amp with the Metal Muff, didn't sound much better than the stock distortion, i felt ripped off. then i got a small tube half stack....wow. definitely the Metal Muff loves the tube amps. my little rig sounds like a thousand bucks now. hold off on the pedals till you go tube. a small tube amp like the epi valve jr. with a metal muff is a great combo, and for less than 400 bucks.
then is it recommendable to get a crappy tube and a good pedal just to get a good metal tone_?

if so, i could get a goos soft music used tube (which will be hard... to get the used stuff) and then a good pedal and i got a good metal tone? sounds too good to be true...

but i'll get all the info.!

thanks.

plus, is my amp good?
Quote by FatalGear41

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Sudaka

plus, is my amp good?

I've never heard of it so maybe you should tell us

seriously, the only person you need to please is yourself. If you like it, that is all that matters right now.

don't get a crappy tube amp because someone says you need a tube amp.
ok, i have time to get a crappy tube amp, :P, cause i am gettin vacation, then a new guitar, then a new amp. so , to reach the savings needed for the amp, maybe next year i'll be asking here recommendations...

and i am getting a new guitar first because i consider my amp is pretty good for the price, i will make a review for it when i HAVE a better amp AT HOME to compare it with. so, i love my laney. just wanted to know if it was good for everyone here or not so i realize if here the people recommends only the known stuff without knowing it.

anyway, just wanted to get some opinions. and still want to get more opinions from diferent people
Quote by FatalGear41

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2