i was watching a vai video and noticed what looks like two single coils where the humbucker would go.
is this correct? and can you do it to any guitar with minimal modification?
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
well it looks like a single coil sustainer, and then some other single coil. btu even if he doesnt would it be possible?
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

what would be possible?
Its possible that its a SC and a sustainer, even two SCs maybe even a Humbucker, i dont know?
would it be possible to jam two single coils into a humbucker spacing?
cause couldnt you just modify a pickup ring to hold them then youd have some more options with dufferent pickups and junk

provide a link then we'll see.
if it's the sustainer on his flo, there's a possibility it's a dummy pickup.
oh is it?
i feel a little stupid but could the idea of two single ciols work?