Hello UG, I've been doing a little research on my own for some new headphones and was wondering if you had anything to recommend. I'm a mild audiophile, just enough that I can't stand the headphones given with Ipods and such and would like a pair preferably under $40-50 (I'm not willing to spend much more).

Btw, right now I'm looking at the Koss Portapro and several Sennheiser models. Any comments from people with experience with them would be appreciated.

EDIT: No ear canal headphones, please. I've tried them and I just can't use them.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
With the price range you are looking for I would definitely go for the Skull Candy Hesh headphones. I have them and love them. The acoustics are nice and it blocks out sound pretty well considering it is only $45. And they come in a variety of colors.

I love my Skull Candys.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
I have these awesome sennheiser ones, but they are ear canal. whatever, get the sennheisers
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Quote by djrue211
With the price range you are looking for I would definitely go for the Skull Candy Hesh headphones. I have them and love them. The acoustics are nice and it blocks out sound pretty well considering it is only $45. And they come in a variety of colors.

I love my Skull Candys.

Skull Candies are a terrible ripoff, go with the most expensive sennheisers you can afford.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
So Sennheiser's the way to go? I kind of like the Koss, it's got quite alot of good reviews. But so has the Sennheiser.
Quote by thewho65
So Sennheiser's the way to go? I kind of like the Koss, it's got quite alot of good reviews. But so has the Sennheiser.

Koss from my experience break kinda easilly, I would definitely go with Sennheiser.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I got a pair of Sennheisers with some Pepsi points and really didn't have high expectations seeing as they were a relatively cheap model and you could get them for drinking soda, but they're amazing, so I would only imagine the better models are, well, better.
Don't get SkullCandy.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself