ok so im getting my first electric guitar and i have a budget of $200 and its pretty much set at that and i will probly be getting a peavey vypyr 15 amp
i really like the les paul shape so i have narrowed my choices down to these two guitars
http://www.rondomusic.com/al20003tsspalted.html
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-EC50-Electric-Guitar?sku=516672
so my question is which one do u guys think i should get and why
and if theres any other les paul shaped guitars in that price range that u guys recommend what are they
any and all help is appreciated
Definitely the agile
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
ive also heard the agile has some problems with it being heavy?
is that true?
Les Pauls are suppose to be heavy. The ESP is made out of a light basswood while the agile has mahogany like on a real les paul
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Quote by j1992v
ive also heard the agile has some problems with it being heavy?
is that true?

Not the Agile, every good Les Paul model.

Heavy is a good thing, because first of all, you'll have more sustain (When you play a note, and simply leave it, it'll last longer), it sounds VERY warm, has tons of low end, and in general can take a beating.

Get the Agile if you're a man.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Go for the Agile. Better made and better sound, unless you wanna play metal. Plus, the Agile is set-neck and made of Mahogany.
Quote by grenade24
How about going to a guitar store and actually trying them out

the problem with the Agile is that it's only available online, so you can't go to a store and try it...
Quote by kazetuner
the problem with the Agile is that it's only available online, so you can't go to a store and try it...

yeah thats why im asking for what people think about it