For those of you who read the book Rant by Chuck Palahniuk,

does any one else feel that if that book was turned into a movie that
Sam Elliot

is the perfect actor to play Buster's father...cause while reading it he is all I can think of when his father is talking.
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Holy **** is that Mark Twain?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
chuck palahnuik is my least favorite author of all time. we need a constitutional amendment that forces him to stop writing. because he sucks. hard. like a vacuum.

edit: "way out west there was this fella. fella i wanna tell you about...."
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
chuck palahnuik is my least favorite author of all time. we need a constitutional amendment that forces him to stop writing. because he sucks. hard. like a vacuum.

edit: "way out west there was this fella. fella i wanna tell you about...."

hahaha probably because the only books you like have pop up pictures in them
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
ive read a couple by chuck. i liked them. actually, youre the only person ive ever heard of not liking them. let me guess...you live for vampirefreaks.com?
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by Slovak_Ghost

I like the ones with the castles!
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Slovak_Ghost

pop up pictures would have improved haunted. that piece of crap was unreadable. i only finished the first half. and lulabuy? repeditive and pointless. survivor was boring for the first half, and painfully stupid for the second half. every pop up book ive ever read has been better than his books.

i would rather be beaten to death with a chuck palahniuk book than read another one.
Quote by Zugunruhe
pop up pictures would have improved haunted. that piece of crap was unreadable. i only finished the first half. and lulabuy? repeditive and pointless. survivor was boring for the first half, and painfully stupid for the second half. every pop up book ive ever read has been better than his books.

i would rather be beaten to death with a chuck palahniuk book than read another one.

Well I guess it is established that I am a fan of his work.... being that I am the TS.. and this thread is about one of his works.....

though my question is, clearly you do not like his works, or using correct spelling, but do you think your opinions on his books will make me change my mind..... or anyone else's for that matter?

so what is the point of your posts?

I mean this is like me going into the nu-metal forum and finding a thread that says I love nu-metal..... and then me telling them nu-metal sucks because its "repeditive and pointless," even though it will have no effect on anyone, who reads it.... this you are the one being "repeditive and pointless"
Total Failure

Quote by Slovak_Ghost
Well I guess it is established that I am a fan of his work.... being that I am the TS.. and this thread is about one of his works.....

though my question is, clearly you do not like his works, or using correct spelling, but do you think your opinions on his books will make me change my mind..... or anyone else's for that matter?

so what is the point of your posts?

the point is that someone else might be reading this, and i might spare them from having to read a shitty book.

seriously guys, dont do it.
Quote by Zugunruhe

I see you don't like READING Chuck,...

but about WATCHING Fight Club?
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

hellz to the yes.

but im pretty sure thats mostly david fincher. after all, he did se7en and alien3.
Quote by Zugunruhe
the point is that someone else might be reading this, and i might spare them from having to read a shitty book.

seriously guys, dont do it.

ok....you think its ****ty...try pointing out literary masterpieces for them then.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by Zugunruhe
hellz to the yes.

but im pretty sure thats mostly david fincher. after all, he did se7en and alien3.

yeah you're right
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
I think the old guy from Pet Cemetary would be better.....
they would probbaly just have to put the guy who plays Rant in old people make up for the dad character though, ya dig?
... and the guy who said he only got half way through Haunted... sorry, the later end of that book is ****ing incredible. The first half is focused a lot on just the gross stories, where i think a lot of people fall off that book, later, the stories really come together, and the main one gets really good.
.. and to TS, were you perhaps also really bothered that the ending section didn't mention what happened to Echo Lawrence?
Quote by 777Corey
I think the old guy from Pet Cemetary would be better.....
they would probbaly just have to put the guy who plays Rant in old people make up for the dad character though, ya dig?
... and the guy who said he only got half way through Haunted... sorry, the later end of that book is ****ing incredible. The first half is focused a lot on just the gross stories, where i think a lot of people fall off that book, later, the stories really come together, and the main one gets really good.
.. and to TS, were you perhaps also really bothered that the ending section didn't mention what happened to Echo Lawrence?

well I am currently only about half way though the book..... but in regards to that I was reading on somewhere that there was a limited edition book released with an extra chapter of some sort...which may reveal more information
Total Failure

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

I don't understand how you could like the movie Fight Club but think the man that wrote it nearly word for word....is an awful author.....

because the movie is basically people reading the book, and doing what they are doing.... for the most part
Total Failure

Quote by Slovak_Ghost
I don't understand how you could like the movie Fight Club but think the man that wrote it nearly word for word....is an awful author.....

because the movie is basically people reading the book, and doing what they are doing.... for the most part

i havent read fight club. i like the movie too much, i wouldnt want to ruin it.

ive read three of his books. one was mediocre, one was terrible, and one was completely unreadable.

how many have you read?
Quote by Zugunruhe
i havent read fight club. i like the movie too much, i wouldnt want to ruin it.

ive read three of his books. one was mediocre, one was terrible, and one was completely unreadable.

how many have you read?

I have read 9 and 1/2..... and honestly they were all great.... I just don't understand how someone could love the movie Fight Club, and really enjoy that... and not dig his other stuff...unless you looked at Fight Club the way most dumb people do.... wow that was a cool movie about guys fighting and blowing **** up and that one guy was crazy as a mother ****er......
Total Failure

Quote by Slovak_Ghost
well I am currently only about half way though the book..... but in regards to that I was reading on somewhere that there was a limited edition book released with an extra chapter of some sort...which may reveal more information

oh, cool, thanks for the heads up, i'll keep a look out for it.
and sorry if i hinted at anything in my post, i thought you finished it. It takes a complete turn in subject matter after his death they keep alluding to, its insane, my favorite so far (that could be because i just finished it, eh)
what would you recommend i read next, since you've seemed to read almost all of them? (i've finished Choke, Fight Club, Rant, and Haunted)
Quote by 777Corey
oh, cool, thanks for the heads up, i'll keep a look out for it.
and sorry if i hinted at anything in my post, i thought you finished it. It takes a complete turn in subject matter after his death they keep alluding to, its insane, my favorite so far (that could be because i just finished it, eh)
what would you recommend i read next, since you've seemed to read almost all of them? (i've finished Choke, Fight Club, Rant, and Haunted)

Survivor was probably my favorite.... Invisible Monsters is also very good, though I really like all of this books so.... It is really hard to rank them but those are 2 of my favorites
Total Failure