ok so my brother has a Danelectro Delay and this might be alittle hard to explain, but...
right now, im playing a riff and its delaying, and when i hit the on/off switch, it cuts all noise going to my amp. now what i want is for the notes already delaying to keep delaying but anything i play after i hit the switch to not delay. Note: i have very very basic electronics knowledge and have never modded anything in my life so a step by step guide would be cool (if the mod is even possible) (maybe through PM's?)
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Have a listen to "shine on you crazy diamond" by pink floyd, is that the kind of delay you're talking about?
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
open it up and tell me how many lugs the switch has, if it has 3 or less theres your problem, no bypass
And since its your brothers, try not to break it.

Doesn't sound like it has bypass.
Sam-Jacob
I get what you're trying to say though, you want to turn it off in the middle of the last delay.. and for the delay to continue its last course. . . Toughy
Sam-Jacob
umm i see what you guys mean sorta. well my total plan is to play a chord with the pedal on, then switch it off, and play a lead over the chord which is repeating, without the lead repeating.

and it only has two switches on it, a on/off, and a long/short delay. then 3 knobs, repeat's volume,length between repeats, and amount of repeats.

and i dont really know what you mean about flip flop, ill look it up real quick.
Вяєҭҭ
?)
you basicly want the trails to keep playing once you bypass the effect, unless im reading that wrong. i feel like most delays dont do this, and im almost positive you cant make that delay do it. i know the line 6 echo park has an option to turn trails on or off, but im not sure of other pedals that have or dont have this function. its one of those things not really mentioned in specs.
Quote by Insolent
Not possible without a complete circuit redesign. You'd need to have some additional circuity that blends the output of the delay into the bypass. If you're keen, a guy at diystompboxes designed a DIY delay pedal that does exactly what you want.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=60662.0

http://www.eskimo.plus.com/fxstuff/ebtails.mp3
This example sounds like what the ts wanted exactly. Thats awesome.
you could make a basic A/B box and just A/B around the pedal, so that your tone will continue for the end of it's cycle, and you'll be playing through another setup when you switch.
------

Shwiggity.
loop sampler?

boss loop station will do this... sample what you are playing anf loop it so you can continue to play over it... if you play through a delay pedal > sampler then you get the delay effect too.
Thank you please.
Quote by deadlydunc
loop sampler?

boss loop station will do this... sample what you are playing anf loop it so you can continue to play over it... if you play through a delay pedal > sampler then you get the delay effect too.

The Boss DD-6 & DD-7 will do this also, but only a short amount of playtime, but they are cheaper than the loop station.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by King ofKumbucha
http://www.eskimo.plus.com/fxstuff/ebtails.mp3
This example sounds like what the ts wanted exactly. Thats awesome.

thats exactly what i want!

Quote by deftonesordie
you could make a basic A/B box and just A/B around the pedal, so that your tone will continue for the end of it's cycle, and you'll be playing through another setup when you switch.

Jake, I like your thinking, i may just do that, and my bro won't hate me for screwing up his pedal (even though its some crappy danelectro)

EDIT: i cannot find a damn schematic for an a/b box, anyone have one? cause my amp has a high and low input (does anyone know the diff?) so all i need is a switch before the pedal/other cable.
Вяєҭҭ
?)
Last edited by Ribcage at Dec 8, 2008,