Anyone have experience with the acoustic Strats or Telecasters?

I plan on purchasing a new acoustic guitar,and I'm primarily a Fender guy. Any input is welcomed.
What doesn't kill you,only makes you pissed off.
I have a Stratacoustic. It has terrible tone. There's no depth to the sound, either. The back is all plastic, and it's really thin, so yeah... terrible guitar.... I've been trying to get rid of it for years.
-Rudy

Quote by blackthought
Sometimes it's best to prepare for the worst possible eventuality... sex with Bill Murray.
Quote by DukeDeRox
I'm as shallow as a dry lake bed.
Tone doesn't necessarily come from the guitar.Some acoustics have plastic backsides.And its thin...Its an acoustic guitar......
What doesn't kill you,only makes you pissed off.
as a fender man, check out some fender acoustics. i have a CD-60, it sounds amazing.
Quote by Z-Bone
Tone doesn't necessarily come from the guitar.Some acoustics have plastic backsides.And its thin...Its an acoustic guitar......

well your tone is dependent on your guitar to a degree at least, your fingers play an important role, aswell as your mind...but a thin acoustic is going to help your tone stay thin aswell!
Um...try to stay away from Fender acoustics. And this is coming from a fellow Fender lover. The problem is that the acoustics are no where near as good as the electrics. They aren't BAD, but there is always a better choice in their price range.

Quote by Z-Bone

There's a difference in acoustic and electric. With an electric, the tone doesn't really come from the guitar as much as the pups and amp. With an acoustic, the tone comes PURELY from the guitar. Mostly the top (soundboard). Then the back. Then the sides. Plastic has NO tonal qualities.

My general rule is to stay away from any guitar that uses plastic for part of the body. I have a simple explanation of why too: Wood = Tone. Plastic = Toy

Hope this helps!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Dec 7, 2008,
Quote by Z-Bone

Uhh...

The guitar's tone is VERY dependent on it's material, shape, and size. A thin guitar will not sound good. It won't be able to project it's sound. The shape plays a role in the tone and projection of the guitar as well. The material determines the guitar's characteristics.

Thin, plastic back/sided acoustic guitars will not sound good. Maybe amplified they'll be ok, but not acoustically, and that defies the whole point of it being an acoustic guitar.

I try to avoid Fender acoustic guitars. They're ok guitars, but you can do better for the price.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Uhh...

The guitar's tone is VERY dependent on it's material, shape, and size. A thin guitar will not sound good. It won't be able to project it's sound. The shape plays a role in the tone and projection of the guitar as well. The material determines the guitar's characteristics.

Thin, plastic back/sided acoustic guitars will not sound good. Maybe amplified they'll be ok, but not acoustically, and that defies the whole point of it being an acoustic guitar.

I try to avoid Fender acoustic guitars. They're ok guitars, but you can do better for the price.

the telecaster electric = genius creation!

for an acoustic dont get it if it also says Telecaster! remember when Dean made the flying V styled acoustic???
Is it just me, or have there been a lot of people getting this forum confused with the electric forum? Not only that, but a lot of electric players have been coming in here and giving horrible advice because they seem to think acoustic and electric are one and the same.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf

the telecaster electric = genius creation!

Agreed

Quote by natrone
Not only that, but a lot of electric players have been coming in here and giving horrible advice because they seem to think acoustic and electric are one and the same.

That's why I only dare to venture into the guitar basics forum at most. Electric guitars and acoustic guitars are two very different beasts.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
That's why I only dare to venture into the guitar basics forum at most. Electric guitars and acoustic guitars are two very different beasts.

I couldn't agree more.

Electric: Easy to play on, easy to look cool, annoying to figure out what pickup combinations work with which amp and blah blah blah

Acoustic: Straightforward? Yes. Easy to play on? DREAM ON! And you can be everyone's hero around a campfire!

Lol I'm happy to report I'm out of my electric phase. Now I'm back to acoustic and loving every minute of it. Although I will be getting some new stuff for electric for when my church's youth band gets going after Christmas

Anyway, TS, if you give us a price range we can give you some suggestions on what you should look for
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
I couldn't agree more.

Electric: Easy to play on, easy to look cool, annoying to figure out what pickup combinations work with which amp and blah blah blah

Acoustic: Straightforward? Yes. Easy to play on? DREAM ON! And you can be everyone's hero around a campfire!

Lol I'm happy to report I'm out of my electric phase. Now I'm back to acoustic and loving every minute of it. Although I will be getting some new stuff for electric for when my church's youth band gets going after Christmas

Anyway, TS, if you give us a price range we can give you some suggestions on what you should look for

hehe, well recently i sold about 3 amps, a few guitars, my acoustic has become my only focus now. Making a celtic band infact, i smell the wood on my acoustics, i place my ear right at the 15th fret as i play sometimes to hear what a condensor mic hears when its placed there. heck sometimes after an awsome jam i have kissed my taylor...well..not in that dirty way.
If I had your guitar I would kiss her too. CE714's are BEAUTIFUL
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray