Hi what are alot or somethings that classical guitar helps, with and what are some good or interesting classical players
classical guitar will help with finger picking, helping with doing both bass and melody at same time

it will help with lots of theory as it is very dedicated to keys and scales,

and in my op sounds very nice lol and can be showed to people with great taste
Yeah, I'm a classical guitar minor... definitely theory... scales... fingerpicking... and by far the best thing is fret hand motion, I've learned to contort my left hand in ways I never thought possible.
-Rudy

Quote by blackthought
Sometimes it's best to prepare for the worst possible eventuality... sex with Bill Murray.
Quote by DukeDeRox
I'm as shallow as a dry lake bed.
Quote by Martindecorum
classical guitar will help with finger picking, helping with doing both bass and melody at same time

it will help with lots of theory as it is very dedicated to keys and scales,

and in my op sounds very nice lol and can be showed to people with great taste
I'd say this is your answer. Classical players? Well, I'd probably end up listing classical "composers" instead. So first look up Segovia and John Williams(guitarist not movie guy). Though I'm not a big fan of John Williams as of now...it's a good start. Check out http://www.classicalguitarmagazine.com/ -- it's THE magazine for classical guitar enthusiasts.

If you decide to go for it and learn classical guitar, good luck! Honestly...playing Prelude 1 by Villa Lobos got me laid. No joke.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
hi, ive played classical for 7yrs and heavy metal since it started i found by interacting the major and minor scales alot of sounds igot i could never get before. my timming got better and so did my accurracy, my speed also increased because of all the fingerring and when you incorperate the two its amazing the walk ups and down you come up with ssome of my favs are fernanndosor ferdinando carulli m. giuliani arron shearer
I know randy rhoads was well schooled in music theory and classical style playing. I think its fair to say that it helped him technically and made him great at composing.
It helps you look at improvisation in a different way, and definelty helps you.

Classical guitar improvisation is focused more on arpegiation rather than the soloing that we know on electric (And although that sounds easy, there are many ways to make it complicated). Many techniques such as counterpoint and polyphony are executed easier on classical guitar. And of course, it helps technique.
Classical guitar involves pretty difficult left hand movements in harder stuff, such as awkward barre shapes and chords, I can guarantee that if nothing else it will help your finger independence.