so im going to get a new guitar this month but im torn between a scheter exotic c-1 and a shecter hellraiser c-1 i can get both for the same price jw which one is better
They're both Schecters... you can't lose either way.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Neither is better than the other. The hellraiser is just more of a metal guitar. The schecter C-1 is more versatile and will work for almost any style of music.
the exotic has a bound fretboard with conventional dot inlays, and the passive humbuckers may be more versatile than the hellraiser's emg's.

if u want FR you'll need to go the hellraiser. if you prefer emgs, hellraiser. if u like abalone binding, hellraiser. if you want an ebony fretboard that's bound, exotic.

less people will have the exotic...play both back to back and see which u like better, that should tell u.
exotic, just because i don't like active pickups. both are KILLER guitars
Get the Hellraiser, UNLESS you have a solid state amp (and aren't getting a tube amp soon). You generally want to avoid running EMGs through SS amps.
dude totally go with the hellraiser, i got the change to play them both back to back and the hellraiser tops out (which is why i bought it)...the only other schecter that was really tough to decide on was the C-1 Classic or the Hellraiser...the classic has passive Seymour Duncans (actual, not liscenced), and the Hellraiser has Active EMG's. I chose the Hellraiser mainly because its already set up for active pickups, but i immediately switched out to Seymour Duncan Blackouts, with 18v mod, and the Hellraiser absoulutely screams
YAMAHA DROP 6
DIEZEL STRAIGHT FRONT 4X12 CAB
DEDICATED MONSTER CABLE USER!!!

All equipment is for sale!!! email at jennings.michael.b@gmail.com
Never played the Exotic, but I have a C-7 Hellraiser and I love it. I dont see why people are so against running it through SS amps. I run it into a Peavey Bandit 112 and its amazing. Great cleans, and with a good pedal the distortion will blow you away. I actually played it through a Mesa yesterday...its like sex for your ears
Quote by Chargerfan205
so im going to get a new guitar this month but im torn between a scheter exotic c-1 and a shecter hellraiser c-1 i can get both for the same price jw which one is better

There's a big difference between the pick ups. Go play both and listen to them. If you are unable to listen to them in real life check out youtube etc.
Quote by jdiddy182
neither, you're better off getting guitar hero

GTFO

TS, you cant lose either way. you just gotta decide what you'll play more. if you're not always gonna play metal, go with the exotic. but if your main style is metal and hard rock, you are probably better off with the hellraiser.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by minchew
Never played the Exotic, but I have a C-7 Hellraiser and I love it. I dont see why people are so against running it through SS amps. I run it into a Peavey Bandit 112 and its amazing. Great cleans, and with a good pedal the distortion will blow you away. I actually played it through a Mesa yesterday...its like sex for your ears

thats why we suggest tube amps with actives. that exact reason.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Whoa whoa whoa, this thread is about 9 months old, who the **** bumped this?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.