I am getting a new amp and I have like 300 to spend on it. Any recommendations. I play, blues, classic rock (like Floyd, Zep, Hendrix), alt-rock, maybe some reggae, ska/punk. I don't play anything too heavy, maybe a Metallica song here or there at most.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Go for a tube amp.
I'd get a used Peavey Classic 30...It's a great amp and should easily handle the types of music you listed. You could always add a distortion pedal if you wanted to play anything heavier. I bought mine for $300 cash used but mint condition.
If you want something smaller maybe a Blackheart Little Giant and an OD pedal...
a vox Valvetronix AD50VT.
Or 3o if 50 isnt in your budget.

They're awesome amps and can definitely handle Metallica.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Used Peavey Classic 30
Crate V33 and an OD pedal

+1

The Crate V-series fit your style and budget; most combos are under $200 brand new
Try looking used, too (like was said with the Classic 30).

The Crate V's will do it well, but you'll need an EQ or an OD for tightening up the sound for when you play metal (the bass can be a tad flabbilicious)

The Classic 30 would be a solid choice too, and probably wouldn't need an OD. My vote goes to the Crate /bias
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Are the Crate's still available?

Classic 30 would be great but it's $600 new. I see you are in California. I see tons of nice amps on craigslist in California all the time. Shouldn't be a problem finding something. Let us know if you don't know how craigslist.com works or need to bounce any finds off of us.

Is Central California like San Fran or Sacro or are you out in the desert?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Classic 30 would be great but it's $600 new. I see you are in California. I see tons of nice amps on craigslist in California all the time. Shouldn't be a problem finding something. Let us know if you don't know how craigslist.com works or need to bounce any finds off of us.

Yeah, the Crates are still available (not the Palominos, those are long gone).

The Crates that sell now are the ones with the odd numbers in the name (like V33)
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
^I was just curious, I keep hearing stories about how the inventory is starting to drop off. I'd hate for someone to order one on-line only to find out 30 days later that they are never going to get one.

All I know is that if it says 'Available' on line you better call that Customer Service desk and get some reassurance and not to base it on what a web site tells you.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Yeah I'm familiar with craigslist,

and central = central valley. and more exact, San Joaquin.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...