I've been playing electric guitar for 2 years and i still find that it's extremely uncomfortable and some what painful to play standing up. I think it's partly because when i play sitting down i would always put my guitar over my right lap and when i stand up my guitar is pushed further to the left.

I can't seam to get my hand comfortable until i pass the 12th fret in standing position as my hand just doesn't turn enough to be parallel to the guitar neck it hurts my wrist to play stuff around the 1-9 frets when standing. What can i do to fix this?
how high /low is your guitar when you play it while standing?
and JP rules imo!!!
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
You could tighten up your strap and bring the guitar farther up, so it's at the same level as when your sitting.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
move it to your right more?try raiseing it up a lil and moving it to your right
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
wow that sucks, all i can say is just keep doing it, when your wrist starts to hurt take a break and just keep doing that over and over again. hopfully you`ll just get used to it