i plan on picking up a wah pedal and possibly a delay pedal soon, and was wondering if i can get some help from someone experienced in the reggae genre...

i really like the sound of ooklah the moc's guitarist, and john browns body guitarist, and i was wondering if anyone knew what wah and what delay pedal they use

or just give me some recommendations on a good wah/delay combination
i guess for a reggae wah you'd want something nice and fat sounding when clean right? vox all the way..any of the two they make
but check the ultimate wah thread for more info, especially if you want to spend more on custom stuff and such

as for delay: do you want analog or digital?

budget would help for both though.

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Well....
I dont know too much about the VOX wahs...
but if you can find Ibanez WH-10 wah! HOLY! they are great!
An analog delay or digital would sound good... especially for like a slap-back echo sound...
Quote by stewyjr91
Well....
I dont know too much about the VOX wahs...
but if you can find Ibanez WH-10 wah! HOLY! they are great!
An analog delay or digital would sound good... especially for like a slap-back echo sound...

he is looking for a reggae wah not a hi gain wah
vox all the way
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
the ibanez wh-10 is not a high gain wah...but just dont get it, way too overpriced...try the VOX id say....and for delay, reggae usually uses short slap back kinda delay so a Carbon Copy would suit you well
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Well...
Maybe a crybaby or a vox clyde mccoy or the ernie ball one...
but believe me ive been playing since 1985 so...
Toured more than you can count on your fingers and own more gear than you can put in your house...
The Ibanez WH10 has served me since the beginning...
If you have played one youd know!
Dont talk about gear youve probably never touched...

But about the delay...
Go for a Line 6 DL-4, Digitech PDS 1002, An EH Memory Man, or a Boss DM-2
first of all stop being so ****ing disrespectful...second ive played it...third, it was a good solid wah...fourth, try finding one now days at a reasonable price
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
I wasnt being disrespectful to you...
i was actually backing you up...
Nice avatar!
oh okay...sorry then
Yeah, a Vox V847 or Budwah + a delay seems like the best route. I wouldn't get a Carbon Copy if I just wanted slapback. If you just want slapback, get something like a #1 Echo. Though if you will use the delay for other things, a Carbon Copy seems ideal.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
wow all these terms are new for me haha

i mean i had no idea there was more than one type of delay like analog or digital...

whats the difference?

and as for wah... would an origional cry baby make the cut because i just located one for 35 bucks with a power supply
Quote by <vlad>
wow all these terms are new for me haha

i mean i had no idea there was more than one type of delay like analog or digital...

whats the difference?

and as for wah... would an origional cry baby make the cut because i just located one for 35 bucks with a power supply

Analog = sounds more natural and warm, but usually has shorter delay times. Digital = precise with longer delay times, but sounds artificial and cold.

I wouldn't get that Crybaby unless you're willing to do some intense mods to it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
can you, or anyone who can tell for that matter maybe do me a favor and listen to the song "Roots Music" by "Ooklah The Moc" and tell me if the delay the guitarist uses is digital or analog...

it would be greatly appreciated
There does seem to be a bit of slapback in there, with maybe a hint of reverb. My DMM can nail that kind of delay thing, so I'd get a nice analog delay, sounds like it is too.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by stewyjr91
Well...
Maybe a crybaby or a vox clyde mccoy or the ernie ball one...
but believe me ive been playing since 1985 so...
Toured more than you can count on your fingers and own more gear than you can put in your house...
The Ibanez WH10 has served me since the beginning...
If you have played one youd know!
Dont talk about gear youve probably never touched...

But about the delay...
Go for a Line 6 DL-4, Digitech PDS 1002, An EH Memory Man, or a Boss DM-2

Cool. It has served me since the beginning too (for a year now ) and I love that pedal and would really recommend TS to get a WH-10 if he can get his hands on one.
Otherwise I'd reccomend a good clone of the WH-10 for less money. I have both the clone and the original and they're both doing the job great.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard