Anyone have any experience with the MXR M108 10-band EQ pedal?
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Works great, very quiet unless you crank all the sliders. The separate input gain and output volume sliders make it very versatile. Definitely worth the money unless you're in the UK, in which case I'd look for a used 10 or 15 band rack eq.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Works great, very quiet unless you crank all the sliders. The separate input gain and output volume sliders make it very versatile. Definitely worth the money unless you're in the UK, in which case I'd look for a used 10 or 15 band rack eq.

Do you think it'd do well going through a 5150 combo or do you think a rack EQ would be more effective? I play to Metal/MeloDeath if that helps, just looking to be able to further solidify the gain and tone I'll get from my 5150 (dont have it yet, but I will soon after the holidays).

Randy used it
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Metalcoresoul
Do you think it'd do well going through a 5150 combo or do you think a rack EQ would be more effective? I play to Metal/MeloDeath if that helps, just looking to be able to further solidify the gain and tone I'll get from my 5150 (dont have it yet, but I will soon after the holidays).

Nah, it's great pedal, rack eqs are kind of expensive and offer way more bands than you really need. Ten bands is almost too much to be honest, but the gain and volume sliders are totally worth it.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Nah, it's great pedal, rack eqs are kind of expensive and offer way more bands than you really need. Ten bands is almost too much to be honest, but the gain and volume sliders are totally worth it.

Thats what I wanted to hear . Is this a case where I cant really go wrong with either of them, it just comes down to $$? Or do you think a Rhythm guitarist in a Metal band would prefer the MXR?

You really can't go wrong. A rack eq might be quieter, but using high gain you probably wouldn't notice. If you play clean a dual rack eq might be beneficial since you can eq it for the clean channel to sound best, though I never had a problem just compensating for both the clean and dirty channels with one eq.
I've got a 5150 combo and an MXR rack EQ. I'm going to ditch the rack EQ and go for the pedal after Christmas. The rack just has WAY too many bands. Tiny adjustments make a huge difference, and with 30 bands, it's just far too much fiddling to perfect your sound. The 10 band should be more than enough. Even the 6 band would probably do the job, but it doesn't have the volume slider like the 10 band one. Just make sure you run it in the effects loop as it sounds way better there.

I've got to recommend you pick up an ISP Decimator before any EQ though. The 5150 is one loud and hissy amp.
Guitars:
Agile PS900 Blue Flame: SD Blackouts, TonePros TOM, Grover Locking Mini-Rotomatic Tuners.
Amps:
Peavey 5150 Head w/Bias Mod.
Peavey Bandit 112