without considering cost. what boutique amp would you get?
Last edited by MOLAAAK at Dec 10, 2008,
I don't know what you mean by boutique amp, but I really like Soldanos.
ಠ_ಠ
boutique amps like bogner, orange, framus, engl, egnater,diamond, diezel,etc. and yes soldiano qualifies as a boutique amp.

i'm not sure what makes an amp boutique but usually they're over $1000 and all tube
(and made in europe lol)
A bogner uberschall if you want tighter gain but if you want the crispy gain the Mesa Dual Rectifier.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
The Uberschall has tremendous low end response. It crushes. I'm currently paying one off right now that I managed to find for only $2000. My Carvin 727 sounds AMAZING through it. I'd love to save up and get an Orange Thunderverb, though. After seeing Boris live recently, it only solidified in my mind how bad ass they are for doom/stoner metal.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Quote by MOLAAK
without considering cost at all which current boutique amp is best.

There is no best, it's all preference.
Diezel or Bogner
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Soldano SLO-100 or an EVH 5150III.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I've got major GAS for an Uberschall. Realistically, I'll probably end up selling off my Legacy and buying a Splawn Quickrod.
no
what makes an amp boutique realy?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
^ They're usually much more specialized, and have a smaller production run than big-name amps. Also, the makers are much more involved in the assembly process, and more attention is paid to the amp overall during construction.
no
hmmm

diamond nitrox
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
cornford probably
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
VHT no doubt.

I don't really like diezel - they really accentuate my lil mistakes
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
I'd much rather get a vintage amp then a boutiqe amp.

But if I had to choose a boutiqe amp it would be a Budda. Having that much money though I'd much rather spend it on a 60s Blackface or AC30.