i have a 3 page assignment due tomorrow for my business law class that is raising a lot of questions in my mind.
im hoping somebody here can help me interpret this a little better
i know there are a lot of smart people in the pit (granted there are a lot of dumb people too).
heres the assignment:

Objective: this assignment is intended to give you an opportunity to apply your analytical thinking skills by taking a legal issue that interests you and deciding the outcome based on the rules you feel best apply to your issue

Assignment: Choose a legal issue that interests you based on a scenario you have encountered in life. First, describe the scenario. Second, explain what legal questions are raised in your scenario. then, list from general to specific any relevant law that applies specifically to those legal issues. also, describe the research you did to find the laws that apply (i.e. what sources did you use, and where did you find them). Then, analyze the scenario based on those laws and explain to me the likely outcome of your situation.

my main issue thats held me up from starting is what type of legal situation is he talking about, business or personal/public.

i have some ideas on situations but dont know if they work

1. my car insurance company raising my premium without notice only to find out that they had a major mistake on driving record that the DMV had no knowledge of, then refusing to refund for the 6 months that i paid $80/month extra than what was actually necessary.

or
2. Me getting pulled over for speeding, officer thinks he sees a gun in my car, 5 squad cars show up, frisk me and my friends, search my vehicle and find a box of illegal fireworks in my backseat on the week of july, 4th.

someone with grand knowledge help me
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
i would go with number 1, as it seems more related to business, which is what i would assume your prof is trying to get you to relate to.

but i'm a chem major...i only know chem and math, so i'm of no real use here.

part of me says number 1 would be the ideal choice
but that would require a HUGE analysis of the policy agrrement which i have no access to currently.

im assuming the second choice is overall simpler to do but might not fit the criteria completely

is there any lawyer musicians around, lol
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.