I was thinkin about downloadin and buying guitar pro for my computer but after seeing some demo's, even with the RSE or whatever it sounds kind of ****ty. I really think its a good concept but is it as useful as it's supposed to be? I could use some info UGer's
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
warez
/thread
Quote by abe123
thats one of the funniest posts ive seen in a while... to sig or not to sig

Quote by Kenny77
Awesome.

Quote by Kensai
Probably from india. Most bad things come from there.
make sure its guitar pro 5... That's the best one
..>!>
Xbox Live: boxyG
PSN: boxyG
myspace.com/boxyG
i have a mac and the one i "purchased" wouldn't open after i installed it.
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Quote by tomsy49
i have a mac and the one i "purchased" wouldn't open after i installed it.

same **** happened to me, though i actually bought my copy
Quote by slashvr45
make sure its guitar pro 5... That's the best one

well...5.2, then you wont get the messages that ask you to update the software for some older tabs. Good program tho, i use it to send songs to band mates on.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
All the RSE does is change the annoyingly repetitive tone of midi sound to other annoyingly repetitives tones, that really don't sound that good.

Honestly, the only thing I even use the play function for is just to get the rythm, so how the sound comes out doesn't change much for me.
Quote by Supertait
well...5.2, then you wont get the messages that ask you to update the software for some older tabs. Good program tho, i use it to send songs to band mates on.

I have it, and I get countless violation messages in French after roughly half an hour of use.

It sounds okay, but I mostly use it to write songs properly and neatly. It's a great tool for composition.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by Iriathz
I have it, and I get countless violation messages in French after roughly half an hour of use.

It sounds okay, but I mostly use it to write songs properly and neatly. It's a great tool for composition.

Yeah me too, whats that about because it doesn't stop or limit it's use...
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Tux Guitar

/thread

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
It's useful for songwriting too. If you have an idea for a guitar part, you can tab it down and then make some accompanying parts, drums, bass etc.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
if anyone could post a link to "obtain" a version for mac that will work with leopard please post it.
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Or if theres serials for the demo/
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
It is really useful for conveying ideas to band members etc. but if you're just using it for guitar stuff, just download power tab which is free.
wats power tab like?
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
For presenting ideas to other people, Guitar Pro is probably the best.

But in terms of ease of use and being able to quickly jot something down, TabIt is by far the best program to use. You don't have to go through the pain in the ass of making the note lengths equal the full bar, you just type the fret numbers in the spaces. You can move notes left and right regardless of what bar they're in.

Plus GuitarPro can be really slow on even the fastest computers, dialog boxes take a moment to load instead of just opening instantaneously like any other non-retarded program. And let's not forget the random error messages in French if you've had it open for too long.
Quote by tomsy49
I was thinkin about downloadin and buying guitar pro for my computer but after seeing some demo's, even with the RSE or whatever it sounds kind of ****ty. I really think its a good concept but is it as useful as it's supposed to be? I could use some info UGer's

So go buy a better MIDI card. Duh.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Never pay for that ****. When you know how to use RSE properly, it ****ing owns.

I agree.
It sounds midi anyway, whatever you do. It is really good however for presenting ideas, writing music; and just playing around on. Also very good for learning.
Don't buy it though. *cough*torrent*cough*
That was the plan i just can't seem to find one that works on my computer. When i open it it comes up and loads for a second then shuts itself off. Tried opening it probably 20 times for the two torrents i got but neither worked. If someone has a link to a torrent that works on OS x leopard please post it.
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4