Alright, so after searching around, I think I've found the tone I'm looking for. The guitar part (especially the solo) on "Still Raining" by Johnny Lang (I can't seem to find a place to listen to it online). It's a really bluesy overdriven tone, but with some distortion thrown in to give it some roughness. Currently I play a Telecaster copy, and a SG that I'll probably be trading for something else soon. I'm playing through a Peavey Bandit 112, but I'm saving up for a Crate V18 that I'll hopefully have by Christmas. I read that he plays a Visual Sound Route 66 pedal, does anyone have experience with those pedals? Anything else I should look into for achieving this sound?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
make your own individual sound that expresses yourself. dont waste your time trying to acheive some tone that you will get tired of in a couple days.
Yeah thanks, but I play my own music, and this is the tone that I've been forming in my head and am now hearing, so I'm going to pursue it.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo