Christmas is coming up. Imagine all the people and kids getting their first guitars. Having never played guitar before, they're all completely new and beginning the long road to learning to play, and will get discouraged and think their never going to be as good as other people they see playing that they look up to. Now imagine five years later, how many of them will be the people others look up to to teach them and motivate them, just like they looked up to other people they saw playing guitar. Some may make music into their lifestyle and be professional. Their entire lives could be changed, just from getting that "first guitar".
I dont know, just something i was thinking about i thought I'd share with you guys.
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
Very true.

There will also be an insane amount of "Smoke on the Water" videos uploaded to YouTube.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by Iriathz
Very true.

There will also be an insane amount of "Smoke on the Water" videos uploaded to YouTube.

But now think back to when you were a beginner guitarist. When you learned that song it felt amazing, didn't it?
Quote by freddaahh
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
But now think back to when you were a beginner guitarist. When you learned that song it felt amazing, didn't it?

It didnt for me, when i learned Seek & Destroy, now that felt amazing.
Three Guitars >> Eleven Pedals >> Two Amps
Bandcamp (emo/indie/punk)

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
Quote by ShameofaNation
It didnt for me, when i learned Seek & Destroy, now that felt amazing.

I'm not talking about the first song you thought was awesome.
The first song you ever learned to play I'm talking about. When it just hit you like "Wait, I just played something!"
Quote by freddaahh
for me it was that first 4 notes in stairway to heaven....oh what a wonderful feeling
Quote by capsfan17
you think girls are confusing, try eating a refrigirator, now that was confusing
Quote by Iriathz
Very true.

Ya that and sweet home Alabama. Those are like the first two songs everyone learns.
I can't even think how the guitar sounds in Sweet Home Alabama. Not everyone listens to the same music...
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Quote by Iriathz
Very true.

that just reminded me of this poor kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjeB6eKcKUc&feature=related
HAHA, funny, but oh well he was probly so excited to post that vid, not everyone can play the interlude to Angel of Death... but i can :P LOL

ya, when i learned the intro to Stairway, i was so happy, then when i started playing Slayer OMG!!!! talk about being on top of the world, War Ensemble and Angel of Death i almost creamed myself when i could play those, now i`m kinda back to that, played RAINING BLOOD!!!! tonight for the 1st time all the way through, that was sooooo awesome

oh god just watched the drum solo LOL, that was bad, but he wasn`t serious, i hope
Last edited by Slayerdeath at Dec 8, 2008,
I learn't bulls on parade as my first song...
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
Their entire lives could be changed, just from getting that "first guitar".

that is exactly what happened to me, only it was practically overnight (and i bought my first from a friend, not for christmas). i was a senior in high school and i had no clue what the !@#$ i wanted to do when i got out. then i got my guitar and the next day i knew exactly what i wanted to spend the rest of my life doing.

the first thing i really played was the riff from thunderhorse (the crazy train pattern). it probably sounded awful
I think there are so many unbelievably crappy guitars being bought that there will be an insane amount of guitars in garage sales. Parents are buying these kids guitars because they play Guitar Hero all the time. Most of these kids will hardly even pick the things up after Christmas.
Quote by ZakkRox90
ahhh seven nation army

Ditto!

Seven nation army! What a amazing feeling that was. I must have played that song for hours on end, just because i could play it.

Raining Blood was another one, i didn't expect that id be able to play something that fast, or anything that sounded like THAT.
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
I'm not talking about the first song you thought was awesome.
The first song you ever learned to play I'm talking about. When it just hit you like "Wait, I just played something!"

That was the first song i ever learned.
Three Guitars >> Eleven Pedals >> Two Amps
Bandcamp (emo/indie/punk)

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
It is amazing when you do learn that first song... " a pebble can start a avalanche" !!
<3 Dani california
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
System of a down - arials was epic
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Very first part to the 25 or 6 to 4 solo. Just a little scale, it was the first thing I tried to learn, and it was awesome. Then I learned Smoke on the Water by ear (Its strange, I never heard the song all the way through, and I was just messing around when suddenly this certain combination sounded awesome, and I played it for my sister, and she said, "Oh yeah, that's not that cool. Its just Smoke on the Water. I felt pretty bad after that.)
But still, first part on 25 or 6 to 4 solo felt amazing.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by v_gamer
for me it was that first 4 notes in stairway to heaven....oh what a wonderful feeling

Pretty similar here. I think the very first song I learned was in fact Iron Man, but one day I did try learning Stairway to Heaven intro and it felt like heaven..
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Hahahaha, I still can't play a song all the way through. I learned interesting riffs and such from songs I like, but never learned a whole song. Well, maybe the rhythm part for "Every Rose Has its Thorn" by Poison, but that hardly counts, as it's 4 chords the entire song. Now I play mostly my own stuff, but since I'm not in a band I have no drive to finish songs. I play for fun.

First riff I ever learned was the theme for the electric version of "Layla" by Eric Clapton.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
Now imagine five years later, how many of them will be the people others look up to to teach them and motivate them, just like they looked up to other people they saw playing guitar. Some may make music into their lifestyle and be professional.

5 years later... my tastes changed...so...I basically have to restart. Kurikinton Fox
Last edited by Rezuya at Dec 8, 2008,
Well the first song I learnt was Seven Nation Army and I thought 'Wow that was really ****, I better be able to play something better soon or I'm gonna quit' then i learnt the beginning of holy diver and i was like '**** YEAAAHH!!!'
Uhh also, first song I learned was Hells Bells... gotta say... I never really liked AC/DC... I guess I've always liked the kind of stuff my tastes "changed" into... just a bunch of dumbass highschool students hanging around me insisting I can't possibly like it...dicks...
Quote by ZakkRox90
ahhh seven nation army

Me too the first night I got my Squier Strat pack

Edit: "Well the first song I learnt was Seven Nation Army and I thought 'Wow that was really ****, I better be able to play something better soon or I'm gonna quit' then i learnt the beginning of holy diver and i was like '**** YEAAAHH!!!'' That happend to me too
Oh Hey look at my signature
Quote by sk8erk1d1313

Back In Black FTW!
UG's AC/DC Lover
If that is what passes for 'deep' these days, I weep.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I learned the beginning to One and played only that for weeks and thought it was awesome. Now I play death metal.
Quote by DardoBoy
I LOVE YOU

Member #29 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to join