Yet another noob thread by Cohen. I might just change my name to "UG's noob".

It's all in the title. When I try to tap with my bare fingers, I don't get as much noise, so I turn it up, and when I nail one, I make to much noise and make myself look like a moron in front of the whole guitar store. When I use a pick to tap, I get a slightly better result. Anything I might be doing wrong?
I feel exactly the same way So I have resorted to always picktapping, whether that be good or bad.
-

well, you might not have enough strenght in your fingers, I used to make loads of noise as well, but when I got one of them finger training thingies (don't know the exact name) I hit the frets harder, causing the note that should be heard to be loader, theres allways some noise (at least on my ibanez gio :s) but it can be pushed to the background with some technique and strenght.

practise my friend
if you keep on calling yourself a noob, you will not improve.
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
Quote by cohen5250
Yet another noob thread by Cohen. I might just change my name to "UG's noob".

It's all in the title. When I try to tap with my bare fingers, I don't get as much noise, so I turn it up, and when I nail one, I make to much noise and make myself look like a moron in front of the whole guitar store. When I use a pick to tap, I get a slightly better result. Anything I might be doing wrong?

How long have you ben playing the guitar?

nvm, I found your other thread - forget tapping for the time being, just concentrate on your basic technique for the time being.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by cajun_prince
if you keep on calling yourself a noob, you will not improve.

exactly i pretend i was amazing i improved alot
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Quote by steven seagull
How long have you ben playing the guitar?

nvm, I found your other thread - forget tapping for the time being, just concentrate on your basic technique for the time being.

Mister Seagull always gives good advice. You said "for the time being" twice in the same sentence though :P
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.