Epiphone G-310 is $300 new and Epiphone Flying V is $395 2nd hand.

Flying V

Which one is better? I'm talking about sound quality and playability. I like the SG shape but I've heard the flying V is better even with the cracked neck that the 2nd hand one had.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I'd go the Flying V in an instant.
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
310. that was my second guitar ive ever owned. it was pretty good. i went ahead and bought a gibson sg after that. flying Vs are kinda obnoxious imo. fulfill my dreams and get the white 310 haha. it looks so nice.
Flying V hands down, don't ask why, I've always been a V person, lol.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Flying v is actually playable and not a pos.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Ok thanks, I've heard some bad things about fret buzz with the flying v '67 reissue so I'll go try it out for myself. If I don't like it I will get the G-310.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
yes the V is better, but that link you posted said it had a craked neck, professionally repaired.....ifffy
There is another 2nd hand one that has no problems that is $700.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Probably the V. Only because I already have a 310. Quit knocking on it, was my first guitar and i learnt to play on it. I really don't see anything wrong with it, it was a great guitar. Epiphones quality control is a bit shakey though, maybe i got a diamond in the rough.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
the V is likely to be better value for money, but i think you should find out more information about it, or stick with the G310, which isn't as good on paper, but is by no means a bad guitar.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by MRAAJR
yes the V is better, but that link you posted said it had a craked neck, professionally repaired.....ifffy

this. Find a new v to buy. And save up to replace those pups.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
The V it's a better built Epi and should have a set neck and it comes with the HS case. A much better deal than than the SG 310. It says it has a neck repair so I would check that out if you can. Is the price in AU dollars? What does that work out to in US $$

John
It comes down to "which looks prettier"
They are made by the same company, about the same price. Same shoddy build quality, it's just which you think looks best.
epi dont have 'shoddy build quality'
many people here will agree that epi are decent
because they are
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Why are you considering a G310 when you could get a G400, which is worlds better, for just a little more?
I would put Epi quality against all other guitars built in China and even some USA built. People seem to forget or just don't realize that Gibson opened their own plant in China dedicated to build Epis and oversee it just to make sure the quality of the Epis do not reflect badly on the Gibson name.

http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=868

All the rest of those guitars coming out of China basically come from the same couple of plants pumpimg out thousands of guitars a day no matter what the name brand so your guitar you own and paid big $$ for made in China is probably the same quality and made right next to that cheap $100.00 guitar you buy on Ebay.

If a neck repair is done right it can actually be stronger.

John
Flying V
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
If you want a cheap SG, get an Epiphone G-400.

Otherwise, get the Flying V.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
G310s suck, get the V.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.