So we have formed a trio playing acoustic covers of stuff. The set list is below. We plan to have two 6 string acoustics, one acoustic bass, a 12 string acoustic and a snare and hi-hat.

Will it work to have me and the other member switching between bass and guitar, sometimes on snare and hi-hat, while the singer will mainly sing but might go on the kit for a couple of songs?

Also, how should we go about getting gigs in a very short time period. Should we offer to do it for free? What kind of venues should we talk to? What do you think of the set list?

If you want my love
Make me smile
Horse with no name Jack
The river
Who’ll stop the rain
Knockin on heaven's door
Space oddity
Riders on the storm
My sweet lord
Harvest
Heart of gold
Cowgirl in the sand
Old man
Wish you were here
Maggy may
The sound of silence
On the way home
Starman
The night they drove ol dixie down
Dirty Old Town
Sweet Jane
Angie
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Where do you live? What kind of area? Big city/small town etc...can make a difference in the advice you get.

Make a demo CD if you haven't done so already - talk to the staff at bars/clubs that have live music on a regular basis. Talk to other bands who are gigging in the area and see who they're talking to - try to get added to festivals, open for more well-established bands in the area. If you're in a bigger city, you might want to talk to a promoter.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
Town of about 150 000. There's a big enough club scene kind of thing.

Is it possible to get gigs within the month..because we two of us are going away/moving away to uni, so we just wanted to do this for some experience really.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Anything's possible - but 1 month is short notice....especially in December.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
22 song setlist?

That would take really long to finish.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

They're just all the ones that we know. How many do you think would be a good number for one gig?

Can anyone answer the q's I had in the OP? Cheers.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
You should probably figure out a couple of setlist, a half-hour and hour long one. Get those really really tight and try to get a coffeehouse gig. Get some brushes, don't amplify and get poor becouse even if you get paid there are quite alot of you. But I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun and that's whats important!
Thanks dude. We might even cut out the drums because they seem to dominate too much even with brushes. We also added in clean electric for a couple of songs to pull through the lead sections a bit more.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
With a straight up acoustic band basically, coffee shops are probably a must to start off with, especially in college areas.
"They say rock n' roll is dead well not while I'm alive it ain't" - Liam Gallagher

"It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors." - Oscar Wilde

Don;t rule out the drums because they aren't dominating enough, thats not what theyre for
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115