Page 1 of 2
This thread is needed in the pit. everyone here just seems like some random charactor that doesnt have a story, or dosent have something to say that they can really tell others and really revolve around. So, what was your favorite year, month, week, decade, or whatever!...Just Ever?

Ill tell mine when the thread gets more posts.

Pit answers are allowed but not cool. this is a time to just go over what you would murder to relive and to tell others.

I feel as tho i have a really strong one.

im actually going to write it on paper before i type it so that i can even put it on my wall
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Lol...you're going to stick it on your wall?
Anyways my favorite should be my birthday, and with that I mean the day I was born...getting squashed through a hole half the size of ur head sounds emotional enough to me

Such a radical year in my life.

Lost a good friend to drugs, lost my girlfriend to my ex-best friend when I found out she slept with him while we were together, moved for the second time in less than a year, struggled to graduate which was made so much harder by all my failed classes the year before, struggled to make new friends which was pretty hard, and honestly, found myself through a strange string of other events that I can't even believe happened.

Wow... Just thinking about it is crazy. 2008 is almost over man.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
2006!

dude, thats my year too, summer of 06- spring of 07

im so attatched to that year, when ever i think about that year, i listen to all the stuff i did then and just backed up, and tryed to relive it in my head. i get sooo deep with it dude, you couldnt imagine, well if you tryed ****ing hard. But for me, i dont need to try, itl come to me and hit me like a train, its that deep with me.

i sound redundant and repetative
GAS list...
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
This year.

I've never had much freedom at all until this year. I still don't have much compared to most people I know, but it's better than nothing.

I went to World Youth Day which is the farthest I've been from home, but it was a life-changing experience. I'm probably less religious than I was before I went, but it was probably the happiest I have ever felt.

I found the Pit and even though I'll never fit in here, the people are really cool and amuse me. I don't know any metalheads in real life, or many guitarists for that matter so it's interesting.

And I'm allowed to go out more, so I do. I've made so many more friends. Now all I have to do is somehow trick myself into thinking I actually like them.

This post was such a waste of time.
XIAOXI
My favorite, most emotionally attached memory would have to be when i was, a young boy, my father, took me into the city, to see a marching band. Best Day Evarr
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
everyone just subscribe to this, like, everything needs to be warm, you wana know what happens with people, i wana know what makes people just isolate their minds at times. thats what i do. ill sit on the couch, and just say "fucl(, i need to get out of the livin room so that my parents dont see me choke up. that year meant fukin everything to me". and so i do leave the living room, i do choke up, i do lul my self to sleep and do dream about it. I love eveybody, everything, and myself so much for bringing it together for me.
GAS list...
PGM 301
Quote by xFinnellx
everyone just subscribe to this, like, everything needs to be warm, you wana know what happens with people, i wana know what makes people just isolate their minds at times. thats what i do. ill sit on the couch, and just say "fucl(, i need to get out of the livin room so that my parents dont see me choke up. that year meant fukin everything to me". and so i do leave the living room, i do choke up, i do lul my self to sleep and do dream about it. I love eveybody, everything, and myself so much for bringing it together for me.

TS is on drugs
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
This year has been pretty up and down, but it seems to be getting better too late.
Butt.. I'd say this year was pretty sweet.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by xFinnellx

Seriously. Whatever you're on, get off it.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Junior year, for sure. I knew it would be when I went into it. I was so comfortable where I was at. I was high half the time, and the other half I was hooking up with girls. It was living life exactly how I want it. The only thing I regret was not starting a relationship with a particular girl. She drives me crazy whenever she is around, and that was the only time she was single.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
When I was 17 life was great. I had left school and I didn't have a care in the world. I was acting like a complete hothead doing whatever I want whenever I wanted. This was in 2006. Although mid 2007 after I turned 18 my life when down the sh*ter. I got stuck in a job that I hated (which I'm still working at) and I lost contact with pretty much all my friends because they all went off to university. Although I did start playing guitar and discovering music around that time so I can't really complain.
This year
I love her so much. I met her not too long ago too. we broke up temporarily so she can focus on school, and i dont see the point...it'll be harder if we're apart...but when im with her feels like nothing else matters. I have her in my life, and thats the most bestest thingy that has ever happened to me in my life! wooo! <3
Then summer of 2006 going into 2007. I had the most amazing girlfriend who later dumped me, though I kept taking her back and basically emotionally crippled me until about 6 months ago where I've met another amazing girl who is now my girlfriend. I can't help but wonder how long it will be until she dumps me. (Yes, it's insecurities from that first relationship. Like I said, she royally screwed me up).
Quote by Zombee
Junior year, for sure. I knew it would be when I went into it. I was so comfortable where I was at. I was high half the time, and the other half I was hooking up with girls. It was living life exactly how I want it. The only thing I regret was not starting a relationship with a particular girl. She drives me crazy whenever she is around, and that was the only time she was single.

It's ok, they'll break up eventually. Betcha $10. And when that happens, you can swoop in.
XIAOXI
1999, my seventh grade year, I loved that whole year. Everything was just swell! If only I could be 13 again.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
Don't remember why exactly, but I really liked 1997 *shrug*.
1992..the year i met chewbacca
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
2006/2007, basically my 9th grade and summer afterwards. I can honestly say that was my last taste of true young freedom. I didn't care about school or studying. Hardly needed to, actually. Had my fair share of wacky adventures along with some of my best friends, had a really cool girlfriend/****buddy. Went to London with my classmates for 5 days, which was epic. Lazy afternoons at school, when our teacher dismissed us from class, and that was pretty much every thursday, really. I had time for whatever the hell I wanted.

Then along came high school and everything was ruined...
Quote by Abunai X
It's ok, they'll break up eventually. Betcha $10. And when that happens, you can swoop in.

Thats the sad part, she went to a college in a different part of the state(given that indiana is pretty small) with her boyfriend. He was an asshole and she broke up. I gave her time, told her that she made the right move and I'm here for her because I care for her, then I basically went on until there was no doubt that I wanted more than friendship.

She said how great I am and how thankful she is that I am there for her... then she went and got back together with her boyfriend the next week.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Worst year ever.
2008 has kind of sucked too.
2006 was good.
2005? good too. At least half.
2004? Can barely think past that far. But yeah, I'd go back to it maybe.
2003...uhm...hm...dunno.
Basically my school life has always sucked but I could **** up better then.
It seems like the past 3 or 4 years have been quite important, i'll try to make a short list.

2004: When i first got interested in playing bass, purchased my first one shortly before my 14th birthday, then i got into lead guitar, this was also when i got into probably one of my favourite bands and main influences in music, Queens of the stone age. I also had my first "crush" that i can actually think of properly, it felt strange, but was cool.

2005: I can't really think of much to be honest, was still in school, the only subjects i seemed to like were music, drama and english, i was also one of the only kids with long hair, it sounds bad but i can't remember wether my grandfather died this year or 2006, that affected me a fair bit.

2006: This year was when i think i kind of grew up, i finished secondary school, was getting ready to go to college to do music, it was also the first time i got very drunk, which wasn't too good but that summer was awesome, then i moved house for the first time so i was about half an hours train journey from all of my friends who i grew up with, which was kind of sad.

I then started at college doing music, it was great, everything was so new, i hit it off with everyone really quick, i also started to like a girl in my class, this sparked alot of drama and madness, while it was very painful at times, it was also good at other times, it was a good year anyway.

2007: Went to amsterdam this year, i also started running with the main people i hang out with now, we had lots of parties and drinking sessions, still liked the same person, summer 2007 was something to be remembered.

I had my ups and downs but i look back at some of the down times (at one point early on, shortly after i got back from amsterdam i think, i was drinking every other day, another time my sleep pattern was out of whack and i wasn't eating much) and just think "damn, that was bad", was kind of up and down with the girl i liked, sometimes things were looking good, other times it looked very bad, there was one night when we were on a college trip for a few days where something happened but i can't remember what.

I also started smoking.

2008: 2008 has really just been like a continuation of 2007, some things have reached a conclusion, some things have only just started, i've been in and out of a few bands, grown up quite a bit, turned 18.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
This year. Got emotionally attached to someone on the internet and in the end I just left her there. I just got emotionally attached to someone only to get shattered. I also found out half way this year I was chasing nobody and ended my year of liking someone.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
Seriously. Whatever you're on, get off it.

No no, TS. Take more! I want to see what happens!
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
My favorite, most emotionally attached memory would have to be when i was, a young boy, my father, took me into the city, to see a marching band. Best Day Evarr

You being serious?

Because I am..

Seeing a band you've idolised for years play right in front of you for the first time. This was the best night of my life..

I can say the past 2 years have had their high and lows.. Once something good happened.. Literally the next day something **** happened.. Or viceversa. I've just gotta enjoy the great things and not let the **** things screw me over.
eMarried on UG to Brodie337 31/3/2009
I love you =]

Originally posted by Jabman

The proper way to clean up ROFL is to grab a bucket full of STFU and splash it around the area. If any ROFL is left, use a bit of GTFO, that should do the trick.
This year has been pretty odd for me...

Lot's of highs but in the same way lots of lows.

Almost like some movie.
1996- best summer ever

2006- best summer ever.....again

ten years apart

just one of those great times where nothing really spectacular happened, just hanging out with friends, staying out late, getting in trouble etc
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
I've got several. Some good. Some bad.
1968 - The year I got my first guitar. Also the year we moved and I had to do the whole "New school" thing. The year my Grandfather died. The year I met my friend Mike and started jamming with other people.
I'll post more if this thread lives.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
07-08 Late school year along with summer 08.

First girlfriend, first love, lots of weird stuff happening that I hadn't ever experienced before, because I had just moved to where I am now in 07.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Page 1 of 2