Sorry for another one of these threads but here goes:

So I played my first gig last night and low and behold my crappy starter kit amp ****ed out on me and I had to go directly though the p.a.(which actually sounded better than my amp lol) So now i need and new up on a basicaly non existant budget and living in south africa makes my choices even smaller. So the only things I can get are the Vox ad15VT and a Cube 30X. Don't worry about volume I got that sorted. I know that the Vox is better for low gain and the Cube is better for high gain. I play mainly low gain stuff with the band but that is only going to last another year till I go to colledge and I play metal in my spare time so i dont what to be stuck with something that cant do those tones. But i also need something that i'll be good for the band right now!

So my question is which is the overall better amp as I wont be able to gat another one for 2-3 years! Could the vox take a pedal for the highier gain stuff?

Thanks!
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
hello dude

i have the vox ad15vt.. and i use it along with a boss Mega distortion MD-2, at it works out pretty good .. allthough at very high gain setting, there is alot of noise.. so if you go for the vox, get a good pedal along with it, it is also nice when you just have to do a solo in "non metal" rock, because you get more volume with the pedal, and a bit more gain / distortion..

i have tryed both these amps (i use both every week) and i must say the cube is only good for metal... the clean sound sucks pretty much ass... the vox is clearly a rock amp, but you can solve that with a pedal... also the vox has more / better effects, and you can edit alot more settings for each effect, than in the cube.. so i would say go for vox.. (though it will cost a bit more i guess)
Dutc tape solves all up to equations of 4. degree

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
RG1527 w/ Dimarzio X2n-7 and Evo-7
Kramer Voyager
Ltd JH-600 w/ 2 emg 81, floyd rose and S and key inlays
Fender Classic 50 strat
Vox, it can do metal pretty easily and the sound is just a hell of a lot better. Not to mention it's more reliable.
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
vox would be more versatile than the cube imo

vox does hi gain fine (valvetronix)
the numetal setting is based on the recto and theres some marshall modern gain setting on it too
Thanks Guys Vox it is!

Bucketmark: I wish I could get the vypyr but they dont have them in sa yet, and i dought they will be untill next year and I cant wait that long .
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
ah that sucks, good luck with the Vox!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by JilaX^
I'd go for the Cube.

The Vox can't do Metal to save it's life.

Yes it can. It sounds better than the Cube too.