Hey, im gonna order myself a peavey valveking 212 before christmas

Thing is, i know the speakers are the weak point of the amp and i will want to change them asap. I love warm heavy tones, anything from wylde or dime, to buckethead.

I know nothing about amp modifications as im 17 and spent most of the past 3 years learning how to play. I want to know if anyone can recommend me great speakers that can help me achieve the desired tones and feel?

I would like as many views and opinios as possible. Thanks in advance!
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
if u wanted lots of view, u shouldnt have posted at 130 in the morning. but ur in ireland so its prolly not that late for u guys :P
check out eminence speakers i hear they work well with this amp
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
I wouldn't go for a Valveking... I just sold mine. It really does sound like ass lol.
I went away and bought an OD for it, and an EQ and tried these mods like the dummy jack and whatnot. I spent just over a year trying to get a tone out of it..
I always found its when you turn them up they start to sound off, when you get the volume to around past 2, it's poor tone starts to show.

Theres alot of other amps you can get in the same kinda price range, I just bought a Bugera 333XL and I LOVE it
But if that's not your thing theres a ton of amps you could go for if you use Ebay.
Find The Valveking Thread and post in there.

I wouldn't consider an OD pedal, EQ pedal and the dummy jack trick 'mods' but... whatever.

The speaker is the weakest link as the TS stated. You could get a Eminence Red Coat, Texas Heat or a Warehouseguitarspeaker.com Vet30.

Also, I don't have anything against Bugera either but unless you know how to solder, replace and bias tubes, and have some decent knowledge about working on amps - it is my opinion that the Bugera is not the end all/be all amp. The tone is better tho - I'll give you that.

TS - also you don't need a 212 imo. Just get the 112 + speaker and you are under $500.
^right.

oh well, check his clips later. Best I've heard on VK so far. Parry Parson has good stuff too on netmusicians.

I know I'm biased to a certain degree (as much as I try to stay neutral) but even with a new speaker you're at $500 which isn't bad for an amp that can do jazz, blues, rock and some metal. Necrophagist777 cranks out some pretty heavy stuff too.

Later
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^right.

oh well, check his clips later. Best I've heard on VK so far. Parry Parson has good stuff too on netmusicians.

I know I'm biased to a certain degree (as much as I try to stay neutral) but even with a new speaker you're at $500 which isn't bad for an amp that can do jazz, blues, rock and some metal. Necrophagist777 cranks out some pretty heavy stuff too.

Later

+1

The only time a VK is not worth the trouble is when you pretty much only play metal. It will get old pretty quick in that case unless you like the challenge.
Valveking is fine, but you should also check out Bugera and B-52 amps for comparison.

When it comes to the speakers, it depends largely on what sound you are after. Name a couple of bands?
WTLTL 2011
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yea, the thing is, a lot of people who do strictly play metal look to one as a budget metal amp.

Yup, cant really blame them though. With a $420 budget theres not many options out there new. Even if there is a sliver of hope people will latch on to it.
I love my WGS Veteran 30, it's great for everything.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

I changed the speakers in my Valveking 212 to an Eminence Texas Heat and a Celestion Vintage 30 and it sounds great
Quote by forsaknazrael
I guess. In their position, I'd either save up some more, or find a used F-series, or get a solid state amp that's good at metal.

Yup thats why I threw the new word in there. Used there are tons of better options. But some people just wont buy used for some reason...
someone asked me to name a few bands i tend to go with

black label society
Pantera
Some Trivium
Rage against teh machine
Megadeth
Iron maiden
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15