title pretty much says it all

a peavey classic 30 or a laney vc30, the laney is cheaper so thats a plus.

i play, classic rock, punk, blues, some reggae, no metal.

i need nice classic sounding overdrive e.g led zep, the who, the clash. will be used for band pratice, gigs and bedroom level.

so is the classic 30 £75 better than the VC30 for what i want.

thank you
both are great amps

you will be satisfied with both

just play both and see which you like better

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I'm guessing by the fact you put the price in £ instead of $/€/whatever you're in the UK?

Laney are UK based so i think it'll be easier to get the amp repaired on warranty if something goes wrong and such, so if you can't try them out before you buy my advice would be to go for the laney, but if you can try them both just get whichever you prefer.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I'd go with the Laney, I have the VC15 and its great. You can see what i'm running it with in my sig and i'm really liking it.

having played both i can say the laney is definitely more vox-like whereas the classic is more marshally but both can crossover pretty well with some tweaking.
Try them out see what you prefer. With the extra £75 if you get a laney you could pick up a decent OD pedal to push a bit more gain out of it.
cheers guys

i will try them out

i now need to find somewere who stocks the classic 30

thanks

p.s any more info would be great
The VC15 is hideously unreliable and the Classic 30 doesn't sound quite as good, but has more gain. Take your pick. Personally, I'd hunt used on Ebay.

If you want to buy a cheap cab, I'd consider this
Last edited by Horlicks at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by Horlicks
The VC15 is hideously unreliable and the Classic 30 doesn't sound quite as good, but has more gain. Take your pick. Personally, I'd hunt used on Ebay.

If you want to buy a cheap cab, I'd consider this

is that from your own experience? i'm just curious because i bought mine 8 months old second hand and ive had it for nearly 6 months since and i never put the master volume below 8 and i've never had any issues.
laney if you're not in north america, otherwise get the peavey
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Diamond Dave
is that from your own experience? i'm just curious because i bought mine 8 months old second hand and ive had it for nearly 6 months since and i never put the master volume below 8 and i've never had any issues.

I know Stevo's has broke too. Maybe you're just lucky