Hey, I've been stuck with this old Samick for at least 18 months now, and I think I could move on to something better. So I had a look around the local shops and the range of guitars here is limited. No ESPs and No Shecters. Very few Jacksons, some Gibsons and Fenders. But oddly enough there is a good range of Ibanez here.

I have about 800-900 AUD to spend, which is, iunno, 500-600 USD? At my first trip down to the shops, I began to eyeball the RG350DX, cuz it was pretty. I read some reviews on it but it just got bashed on because it came with an Edge III bridge which is supposedly very crap. Is it really, really that terrible?

Everyone seemed to like the 1570, so I took a look on that. But it's currently out of my price range. I would have to wait about another 6 months to purchase something like that.

So my question: Is it worth waiting that time? Is the difference in quality of the two guitars worth waiting 6 months for. Or should I consider a guitar entirely different? I will take different brand recommendations but as I said the range here is somewhat limited.

Thanks... please help..

BTW: Can't get RG550, and don't like the Epi Les Pauls.
i would try and wait for the 1570... i think it would be worth it in the long run.

btw Dr. B if your gonna buy that s320 get it from here, it cheaper http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71830
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
I would personally wait.
However, I have an Ibanez RG370DX and it's great. It has a Wizard II and I have had no problems with it in the few months that I have had it.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Depends on what you want really...there are a few single cut, fixed bridge, active pickup models in your price range. You might try one of the S-series guitars...most of the RG's in your price range are fixed bridge or have the Edge 3 trem. If you want a trem system I recommend trying the ZR-system.
If it Must be an Ibanez...There's three Directions I would Recommend that you move in;
#1 Definatley the Joe Satriani, Joe was the guy who TAUGHT guys such as Steve Vai (Lead Guitarist for White Snake, David Lee Roth (Post Van Halen David Lee Roth)...amongst other famous appearences in movie sound tracks and one of the constant members of Joe Satriani's G3 Tour), Kirk Hammett (Lead Guitar for Metallica), David Bryson (Lead Guitarist for Counting Crows)

#2 Ibanez STM1 Sam Totman Iceman. That's Sam Totman of Dragon Force...

#3 Steve Vai Signature Jem...Expensive but worth it...

& if you're into the Jem but not the price (or the monkey Handle that's Carved in the body) then the closest thing to a Jem without the Monkey Handle carved in it is the Ibanez RG350DX, RG350EX, or RG350MDX...
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
If it Must be an Ibanez...There's three Directions I would Recommend that you move in;
#1 Definatley the Joe Satriani, Joe was the guy who TAUGHT guys such as Steve Vai (Lead Guitarist for White Snake, David Lee Roth (Post Van Halen David Lee Roth)...amongst other famous appearences in movie sound tracks and one of the constant members of Joe Satriani's G3 Tour), Kirk Hammett (Lead Guitar for Metallica), David Bryson (Lead Guitarist for Counting Crows)

& if you're into the Jem but not the price (or the monkey Handle that's Carved in the body) then the closest thing to a Jem without the Monkey Handle carved in it is the Ibanez RG350DX, RG350EX, or RG350MDX...

That was the most pointless post ever. Included no decent information on Ibanez at all.

If I were you and depending on what style of body you're after I would save my cash regardless. The build quality from the standard line to Prestige is quite significant.

Also the new ibanez lineup comes out in early January and there are definite rumors of a Hard Tail JEM appearing as well as the reverse iceman [fireman] from Paul Gilbert.

So save your money man you will appreciate it in the long run

However if you really really want to get an ibanez soon then the s320 is a good choice. Crappy pickups and average hardware but you can't go wrong really.

Quoted for Bull****.

Wait for the 1570 if you can, it will be worth it.
ಠ_ಠ
or a RGA 121 , great guitars, trust me, I had both rg1570 and rga 121.
Orange Enthousiast.