Hi guys, I am having a hard time, getting harmonics on schecter C-1 hellraiser FR (yeah, having difficulties hitting a pinch harmonic on EMGs), but I can do them easily on Jem7v and my Cort X2, so, my question is, wheter it's just case of my technique, or something can be wrong with strings/amp/pickups ? The harmonics appears, but its just very silent, and doesn't sustain.
Your probably doing it wrong
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
They tend to work better on the bridge in my experience although the fact that you can do them on some guitars and not others is probably down to the different locations of them on the strings.

Perhaps the scale lengths are different?

Anyway, try looking for them in different places.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Quote by szekelymihai
get your gain level high, turn the volume on the guitar high and use either the neck either the bridge pickup.i usually use the neck but my guitar is so crappy...

i think it's better to use bridge pickup..
It depends on where you're trying to pinch. Just move up and down the string to see if you can get one at another place on the strings. It's really just trial and error.
Get up and free yourself from yourself.
- TOOL -

GEAR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (silverburst)
Ibanez SZ720FM
Alvarez AD60CK
Crate FW65 Combo
Dunlop GCB95 CryBaby Wah
BOSS TU-2
BOSS DD-7
BOSS NS-2

I use the bridge pickup for any harmonics, including pinch when that rare time that I use them comes along (I only get it 30% of the time). Try different spots on the string.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by ewall09
It depends on where you're trying to pinch. Just move up and down the string to see if you can get one at another place on the strings. It's really just trial and error.

+1
I use the same pick, although, the strings on schecter are some kind of 10s, I do try various places for the pinches. They appear, but they are muted, and are suddenly dying.
Quote by r4ster
I use the same pick, although, the strings on schecter are some kind of 10s, I do try various places for the pinches. They appear, but they are muted, and are suddenly dying.

with active EMGs? very strange. maybe your battery is going dead. are the pickups aren't close enough to the strings.
btw, try sharpening the tip of your pick so it looks more like a V instead of a U.
Really, with EMGs?

Keep the thumb at the edge of the pick, but not so far over it that it totally mutes the string, and try again.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.