So I'm looking for some good strings for my electric guitar, I'm trying to look for ones that are durable and are good for playing low, I was thinking about getting DR because bands like Killswitch engage and Pantera use them. Any help as to what strings I should look into?
DEAN MARKLEY FTMFW!
If your playing Pantera and KSE look into some .10 signature series heavy bottoms.
Go buy these..... NOW
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
DEAN MARKLEY FTMFW!
If your playing Pantera and KSE look into some .10 signature series heavy bottoms.
Go buy these..... NOW

I bought a 12 pack of .11's, they're the worst mistake I've made in my guitaring history. D'addario's are far superior.
Ibanez rg350 DX
My precious, my lovely.
Are you serious bro!
Hmm I guess everyone is different but then again any strings are going to go out of tune on an edge 3 :S. The good thing about D'addario's and Dean Markley's is that they feel great right out of the box! With Earny Balls and Elxier's you generally need to play them for about 2 weeks before you become comfortable with them. Well Dean Markley's have definately been good for drop tuning, I used to use the all the time on my SG and that was in C Standard, that guitar stayed in tune for months.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
i dont know.

ive used D'addarios and they are good but ernie balls are better
My Gear:
ESP LTD Viper 50
Squire Stratocaster
Jim Dunlop Tortex 1.0 Picks
Crate FW15 Amp
d'addarios
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Ernie Ball FFS! There are no other strings in the world worth buying!
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
DUNLOP's FTMFW, I used to use Ernie Ball's then got 10's light top heavy bottom's for my SG and Zakk Wylde's Heavy Custom's on my V (heaviest fucking strings I've ever used) and not only did they feel good, but they had amazing tone. And I still haven't worn em' out or snapped one yet.
i sue d'addarios. they hold up well and dotn take much playing to make them sound old (which i what i like-you may not) mess around with differen't ones til you find something that fits
Whatever tickles your fancy. It doesn't really matter, everyone prefers something different. Heavy bottoms would be good for heavier stuff, and depending on your tunings you might want to go to .11 or .12
Quote by chickrawker
i say d'addarios. they hold up well and dotn take much playing to make them sound old (which i what i like-you may not) mess around with differen't ones til you find something that fits
fixed for ya
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.