Hi!
I'm having a little problem with my two guitars...when I pick the B string and immediately stop it, I still hear the low E string ringing on the amplifier...
It mostly happens when the string is picked without any fret pressed.
The first guitar is a cheap strat-like with tremolo birdge and the second one is an Ibanez with Edge III bridge.
Is this normal?
Thank you.
sure, the string vibrates so much it gives some vibration to the string next to it, witch is picked up by the pickup... that's why,( this is mostly in bass guitar) you are to mute the strings constantly, or you'll have a crappy sound...
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by jAzZMataZz
that's absolutely normal. i have that on at least half of my guitars.

Ok, I feel much better now... ...but I still don't understand why does it happen only with the B string and why does it affect the E string which is 3 strings distant...sorry I'm just curious...
Thank you.
Quote by Lorè
Ok, I feel much better now... ...but I still don't understand why does it happen only with the B string and why does it affect the E string which is 3 strings distant...sorry I'm just curious...
Thank you.

Do you completely mute your E string?

If not it could happen.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by DespisedIcon
Do you completely mute your E string?

If not it could happen.

No, I don't mute it at all...I was picking the strings one by one to tune my guitar so I noticed this problem, which now doesn't seem to be a problem.
On my bass, this mostly happens when playing the same note. If I hit the 3rd fret of the E, I have to mute my G or it sounds terrible. I'm not sure why it'd happen with B and E, though. =/
Quote by Lorè
Thank you.

Depends what the resonant frequency of your guitar is - all guitars, all objects in fact, have a specific frequency that will cause them to vibrate. That's why a car will start to shudder when it hits a certain speed, but then calms down again as you go past it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cFVE0PO0s2w
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Dec 8, 2008,