My friend who plays bass asked me this a few days ago, if you could put a bass pickup on a guitar or a guitar pickup on a bass, and I wasn't sure what to tell him. I said, theoretically, you could install a bass pickup on a guitar and vice versa, but I didn't think it would work. Bass pickups aren't meant to pickup such a high sound, and guitar pickups aren't meant to pickup such a low sound. Am I right?
I have no idea, but why on earth would you want to do that? O_o
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
A bass pickup will have 4 poles which wont line up very well with the guitars 6 strings and vice versa. Very unlikely a bass pickup will just drop into a guitar without modding the pickup hole and vice versa. And the freq response is going to be completely different for the 2.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
I have no idea, but why on earth would you want to do that? O_o

Just out of curiosity.
I would imagine a 6 string bass pick up might be able to in a guitar, but the pole spacing might be off. A "rail" pick up might be more interchangable since pole spacing won't matter, but you'd probably need to carve the instrument up a bit. I don't imagine it would sound right either.

But I don't know, I'm just guessing...
i think the guy from the band local H does this. im not entirely sure exactly what he does, but if i remember correctly he has a bass pickup on his guitar that runs to a separate output, which is then run to an octave down pedal then to a bass amp. or something like that.
Quote by jof1029
i think the guy from the band local H does this. im not entirely sure exactly what he does, but if i remember correctly he has a bass pickup on his guitar that runs to a separate output, which is then run to an octave down pedal then to a bass amp. or something like that.

damn you i was about to say that!
Guitars:
Epiphone SG G-400
Lyon Washburn Strat

Amps:
Marshall Mg 10cd
Lyon mini amp
Line 6 HD75 half stack

Pedals:
Boss V-wah

Bass:
Squire P-bass